One week update

Taffydoll
on 8/10/06 6:20 am - Coquitlam, Canada
OK Folks here it has been a week of ups and downs. Everyone is right, everyday gets better and better. I saw my GP today and he wants me to really watch my blood sugar levels and cut right back on my Metformin and stop the Advanda all together!!!! I am down 10 pounds, not a great amount but for me it is!! I still have pain in my tummy area and my poke holes are healing awesome. The constant pooping is gone !!!! Still worried a bit to fluff Smiley I am able to get more fluids in and don't feel so dry mouthed. I have been allowed to start on solid foods for dinner. Still have mushy stuff for breakfast and lunch and have been eating fish for dinner. I was getting very light headed. Much better now. Still trying to figure out when I am really hungry or just head hunger. I really get hungry around 8pm, very worriesome!!!!!! I just want to eat toast, but I know that is so bad for me, and then I don't know if that is out of habit...... I have been taking all my vitamins and I am pleased with myself. Well time for lunch mmmm cottage cheese and yogourt (getting tired of yogourt) Cheers Sandy Surgery with Dr. Amson Aug 3rd
Miraluia
on 8/10/06 12:30 pm - Ferndale, WA
Sandy it is wonderful to hear the positive side of all this. Your attitude seems to be up in the rafters. Ten lbs in one week seems very little considering what you had to go through to get that results but keep in mind doctos square dance when you are loosing two lbs and week and are worried its too much too fast. How much do you have to loose? Im in the 300 - 350 lbs to loose range and figure it would take at least as long to loose as I gained it. Don't worry about the yogurt.. even tho your bowels have steadied .. it too shall pass :P Smiles and warm wishes your way. Kristin
Taffydoll
on 8/10/06 12:34 pm - Coquitlam, Canada
Thanks Kristin, I am a light weight so I have about 80 more pounds to go. I don't mind slow and steady cheers Sandy
aprild
on 8/13/06 5:09 pm - Comox, Canada
HI Sandy, I appreciate your bravery, in sharing your experience and what you are going through. Thank You. My name is Danielle and I have my first appointment with Dr. Amson in September. I'm 32 yrs old and I have so many questions. I'm riddled with anxiety at times, because this is something that I want so very badly and I have so many questions and I have no idea how to have half of them answered. What am I to expect when I meet with Dr. Amson the first time? What will he ask me? Is he kind? What will the process be? Will I really have to wait another 2 years to have the surgery? Sigh...I really just don't know where to begin. I have never posted a reply or a question before. I am very overwhelmed and I guess, just having a bad day, actually a bad week and I just wish I could be "there" already. I'd appreciate is so very much if you could share a little bit of your experience with me and answer some of my questions. Would you mind? Thanks in advance. A.
Taffydoll
on 8/15/06 11:31 am - Coquitlam, Canada
Hi Danielle, Dr. Amson is such a nice man. He is very busy and always behind If you take an exercise journal and a diet journal that sure will help!! Please come join Dr. Amson web site. http://victoriabariatricsurgery.com You will have some many questions answered hugs Sandy
Most Active