Soda pop challange

Miraluia
on 8/30/06 2:35 am - Ferndale, WA
Thanks JB for the link you left me on the Post op. http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/wei_los_faq/ Soda pop challenges I think an email I recieved from someone was a good alternative. As long as you have a 7/11 near by. Grabbing one of the frosty slurpee's made from coke or pepsi. All the cabination has been beaten out of it by then. Problem is how much water can someone drink post op and still have the ability to take in proper nutrition. Im down to one diet soda every three days or so( average- sometimes more most days none) I think im more afraid they will take away my caffeine. Its in drinks and meds I take for headaches. Kristin L
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/06 10:58 pm - Victoria, Canada
Sounds like you are doing great with an average of one every 3 days. I used to drink the cola based soft drinks and I switched to "uncola" drinks. LOL My favorite is diet Canada Dry ginger ale. Approx 2-3 times per year, usually in the summer time, I drink a big bottle of it. The rest of the year, I consume Crystal Light. Lemon Lime and Cranberry are my favorites. Have you tried Crystal Light? Caffeine.....I am not giving it up. I am a Starbucks lover. Right now, I am in love with the Italian Roast. I go thru about a 1/2 pound every two weeks and purchase a tall, dark roast in the morning to start my day at work. If my surgeon suggests that I have to cut back on my caffeine, I will try weaning myself off by switching between decaff and caff. I would think that if you take meds with caffeine in them, the docs would not tell you to stop taking them. One of the ways that I have managed to make alot of changes in my life is thru reading books on specific topics and applying what I have learned to my own life. The universe always provides me with plenty of topics and if one keeps coming up, IE patience, forgiveness etc etc, I go to Amazon and find some books on the subject, read what other's have thought of the book/s, then go get the book from the public library. Good luck with this challenge. I will be cheering you on from the sidelines. Janice
Most Active