Getting Anxious!!!

orval
on 9/1/06 5:27 am - surrey, Canada
Hi everyone, Just need some word's of encouragement as I'm feeling fearful about going through with WLS, I'm getting some flack from a family member and I guess that's messing with my head a bit "no alot" she seems to think this is the wrong way to go but she's not the one that has been living in a 300+ body. I suppose I'm also fearful to see my chardiolgist as I had angioplasty in 2003 and what if he say's I can't have the surgery. Does anyone feel like me out there??? I guess it's depresion, mad at myself for allowing this food addiction to stop me from living my life the way God intended. Am I on a pitty party or what?? I have my appointments with the respiroligist and cardio Sept 7th and 13th but can't see the shrin****il Oct. 24th, I have seen a dietician already and then I will see Dr.M after that!!!!!!! Anxious Please who ever Talk To Me thanks guys Monica B
Sim W.
on 9/1/06 6:34 am - Vancouver, Canada
Dear Monica, Well I don't want to tell you what to do as it should be your decision but I can tell you I know what it feels like to be in a large body and yes, I believe that surgery is going be the tool that will enable you to lose the wieght once and for all! It doesn't mean a magic pill but just think you will only be able to eat a little bit each time so it will put in the healthier style of eating. You will still have to deal with the emotional side of eating but I think when you start to feel so much better and get your energy and body back it will be incentive and you will continue to exercise and eat healthy,etc. Dr. M is just being really thorough about everything as he is telling me I need an ultrasound for my heart as 10 years ago I took those diet pills called Redux/Fen Fen that caused heart valve problems for some patients so my cardiologist wants to make sure my heart is storng enough, it's just a precaution. I have to wait until November 3rd for that appt- yuck! I puit my name on the cancellation list. Try not to worry aobut your heart, I'm sure you will be okay. Do you know if there are other places I could go for an ultrasound on one's heart beside the VGH place where my appt is. Is there anything private? I don't want to wait 2 more months? Who is your cardiologist by the way? If you want to see a shrink sooner, I could give you the name of someone who will see you with a day or two notice. Do you live here in Vancouver or the surrounding area? Sorry, lots of questions for you. Take care, Sim White
orval
on 9/1/06 4:47 pm - surrey, Canada
Hi Sim, Thanks for the words of encouragement I really appreciate it. I agree one step at a time I guess we all need to take baby steps when we really want to run at this and get it over with and start living. My cardioligist is Dr. Henry Mizgala his office is on 10th and his phone # is 875-4755 and his receptionist is Judy, I don't know if you would get in any faster but it's worth a try. Anne also told me that Dr.M will not be starting WLS until the new year so there is no rush getting the pre ops done as he will be doing patients with the most need first, so I guess patience is the name of the game Thanks again Sim regards Monica
Sim W.
on 9/2/06 2:02 am - Vancouver, Canada
Dear Monica, We have the same cardiologist. He has requested that I have a heart ultrasound just in case as I took diet pillls 10 years ago which caused heart valve damage to some people so he wants to make sure my heart valves are ok. My appt is on Friday, Nov 3rd at the Diamond centre. The good news is that at least the list is not as long as Dr. Amson's in Victoria so hopefully if all goes well, we will all get the surgery in the early part of next year sometime. Thanks for your post, Take care, Sim
bman78
on 9/2/06 2:15 am - Burnaby, Canada
I remember when I talked to Dr.M, he said that even if I'm at the bottom of the list he doesn't see it going further than the 1st part or the new year. So I would say by March fo 2007 if everything is still on schedule.
Most Active