Just when I thought I had all my ducks in a row...

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/06 4:57 am - Victoria, Canada
Yesterday, I called Anne at Dr. Meneghetti's office to discuss the next step in the process and found out that I am also supposed to see a Cardiologist. I told Anne I was not aware of this and she said it was in the report that was sent to my family physician. She offered to fax me over a copy of the report and I had it in my hot little hands within minutes. Indeed it did state that I needed too see a cardiologist and get him/her to submit a report to Dr. M. I promptly called my family doctor and the receptionist pulled my file and said there was no report from Dr. M there. So I faxed over a copy of the one I had just received and asked that they book me a referral to a Cardiologist. Once I get that report in, then I will have to fly over and see Dr. M again at which time I will be put on the waiting list. After reading a few of the newer posts here I have started thinking that my "date" won't be until Summer/Fall of 07. What I am doing during this waiting period is working on finding ways to give myself comfort and love from things other than food. Quite the challenge for me since I have gotten that from food for many many years. LOL makes me think of that song line...Looking for love in all the wrong places. At least I think that's a song? It is bloody hot over here today. I am planning to go to lunch with a friend this afternoon then come back and move my furniture around in two rooms. That will take care of any excess energy I might have....but well worth it since I am planning to set up a nice tranquil sitting space in my bedroom with a Lazyboy chair, a lamp and an antique clawfoot table covered in candles and beautiful paperweights. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Janice
Sim W.
on 9/3/06 2:50 am - Vancouver, Canada
Dear J.B., Don't worry, one appt to the cardilogist won't take long. You live in Victoria so it may be easier to get an appt over there than Vancouver. I waited about 2 weeks for my appt. I called Ann at Dr. M's office every week to ask how things were going and we went from there. Also read some of the newer posts aobut getting appts done faster, some people are saying it does not matter, as he bases it on need first and time after, but I think we should ask Ann about this. I don't think you will be waiting until Summer/Fall 2007, I'm thinking more like possible Spring at the latest? I can't be 100% sure of course but I think there are about 50 people who are going thru the consults now and getting their appts done, I believe. Your bedroom re arrangement sounds relaxing and calm. This is a way to treat yourself without using food. I remember when saw a psychologist ( my first visit ever) last week, she asked me the big question " How are you going to take care of the emotional side of eating?" Also, one more statement that she said jumped out at me: " Why do you take care of all your loved ones around you except yourself?" Pretty powerful and insightful words. Yes, why do I let myself get to this point and not feel that I am worthy enough to take care of myself better? Anyway, no pun intended but here is some food for thought. Take care and don't worry, I am sure we will all be in the waitlist times close apart. Sim
Most Active