"Just checking in"

orval
on 9/26/06 12:27 pm - surrey, Canada
Hi Everyone, I haven't posted for awhile so hear is my update, I had an appointment with the respirologist and my cardiologist and both were very supportive, I have to go for some pulmonary test and a cardiac ultrasound just to make sure everything is okay as I have a stint in my heart already but Dr. Mizgala didn"t seem to think there would be any problem but thouht we should check as it's been 3 years since my angioplasty. Unfortunately my boss is not happy with all the time I need off for appointments as I live in Surrey and all my app. are booked in Vanc. so I changed them to Surrey for the ultrasound and pulmonary test and this has delayed thing. My last app. is on Nov.25 which seems so long away but I am trying to be patient and go through the process! How is everyone doing? I know that I am both excited and apprehensive about the future, I can't wait to run and play with my grandaughter, where a pair of blue jeans and feel attractive again, and feel good about sex again wow is that to much information or what Ha!!!! keep posting, I need it Monica B
Sim W.
on 9/26/06 1:26 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Dear Monica, Thanks for sharing how you are doing. I know what you mean about taking time from work to go to all these appts. I too have been trying to get appts done either really early in the morning or later in the day so my work is not bothered. I have the same cardiologist as you. I am going for my heart ultrasound next Monday and then I have a dietician appt left on Oct 12th and then I'm all done!! I am excited and nervous about life after the surgery too. All I know is that I can not keep this weight on me for much longer. I hardly have any stamina or energy to walk or do things anymore. After work, I come home exhausted and just want to put on my pj 's and do nothing. The other day I walked 4 blocks and I thought my heart would stop beating. I am looking forward to getting my energy back and feeling good about myself and doing fun, actiive things again. HELLO BC.............Now I am asking people on this post to write in. It is pretty quiet here. I have been reading other posts recently from other provinces and the Victoria one as they talk to each other a lot and I find I learn so much from each other's posts. It would be great to hear from everyone too........what do you say BC? It gives all of us motivation and determination!!! Cheers, Sim
(deactivated member)
on 9/27/06 3:24 pm - Victoria, Canada
Hey Monica, Good to see you posting. It has been very quiet here lately. I hope your test results are good. Maybe you can get your November 25th appt moved up by calling to see if there have been any cancellations? I have been moving along at a steady pace and have now started verbally putting my thoughts out into the universe that I will have weight loss surgery by April 2007. Have a great week. Janice
Most Active