Just starting the journey

BiginManitoba
on 10/2/06 4:15 am - Canada
Hi I a woman from Winnipeg Manitoba. I am just starting out on this journey to get my surgery. I have already sent the forms into the insurance and I am just waiting I am hoping to have my doctor sent a referal into Dr M by christmas. I am praying but if anyone else can do some praying for me that would be great. Lori
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/06 2:06 pm - Victoria, Canada
Hi Lori, When you say Dr. M. do you mean Dr. Meneghetti in Vancouver? If so I was wondering what made you pick him? I thought about trying to go out of province to Alberta but that was before Dr. Meneghetti showed up in Vancouver. I have sent out a prayer to the universe that you get insurance approval and surgery asap. Nice to see another new face on the BC Board. Janice
BiginManitoba
on 10/4/06 6:52 am - Canada
Yes that Dr M. why did i pick him well 2 reasons. Big one i don't have to wait years for the surgery and i have family in surrey bc and if i need help after the surgery my cousin is a nurse and i can stay at her place. that is why. I can't wait very well i hate waiting so i wanted someone that can do it pretty well right away.
LisaBoston
on 10/2/06 2:27 pm - Canada
Hi Lori, and welcome. I am in Northern BC, but had surgery in Alberta. Just wishing you the best on your journey...the wait lists are really, really long, but well worth it when you get your surgery. Lisa
zarah
on 10/2/06 3:09 pm - Kelowna, Canada
Welcome Lori, The sooner your Dr. can get the referral in the sooner you can get an appointment. I know that Dr. M in Vancouver is not taking any more appointments until after he has started his surgeries because there are so many people in the process and so many appointments booked, but if your referral is in soon you will get an appointment once he starts again. Last time I talked to Anne in his office she said that would be in the New Year. Also I will put it out there that you need some extra support in your process. Any questions that you have this is the place to be. Sarah
lmsmith
on 10/10/06 7:59 am - Burnaby, Canada
Welcome to the BC Board!! Hopefully all goes well and you get into see Dr M quickly. Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya - PV Mexico 274/136/145??
Most Active