This Is The Letter I Sent

sharonspence
on 11/2/06 10:34 am - Canada
Hi every one. This is the letter I sent to Janet Davidson Ida Goodreau and Dr Garth Warnock. I emailed now a freind will help me refine it and send them a letter. That way they cant say they never got my email. Hello Everyone My name is Sharon Spence and I`m 48 years old. ( then I gave them my weight and BMI) I last saw Dr Meneghetti in June of 2006. I saw him for a gastric bypass surgery.I went for all the test, and passed them all. I was a good candidate for the surgery. I signed the papers and was told I would receive a call in the Fall. They hoped to have me in before Christmas. Now I find out this is not going to happen. You have the doctors who can perform the surgery. You have the people loke myself needing the surgery. Now it comes down to money.Why in the would the system lead me on ? I was led to believe help was available. I left the office on cloud nine. Now you have pulled the rug from under me. How can you do this ? How would you feel if you needed surgery,was told you were a good candidate, you pass all the tests signed the papers, and leave the offince on cloud nine. Only to find out that your surgery is not going to happes because of funding. What a cruel cruel joke!!!!!!!! Are you still on cloud nine, are you crying, how is the depression ? Welcome to my world. Please help me to understand WHY!!!!!!? If I were a drug addict the system can get me into rehab. The system also has a free needle exchange. If I were an alcoholic there are rehabs availiable Well I have a problem I`m OBESE!. Why cant the system help me and others like myself? The Obese are a problem to the health care system. How do I know this ? Because I see and hear it thru the media almost daily. Maybe we should all get together and go to the media and tell them our side of the story. You know , by helping us today, the health care system will save alot more money in the end. Imagine the money you can save, test, scans, exrays, medication and the doctor appointments. I myself would save you money. I have been told I need new knees and will need to have them replaced. I was also told if I lost weight that would be a great help.( I told them about the other stuff I have wrong with me. )Imagine the money you would save. Do not tell me to go to Weigh****chers or Tops or any other weight loss group. Been there and done that. You name it , I tried it. I did not come to this decision lightly. I have done research, talked to my family doctor ,and a few who have had the surgery. This is the best thing for me. This is not a miracle cure for weight loss. This will help me become a healthier person. I1m not saying loosing weight will cure all that is wrong with me. My God. it will sure help a lot. I have seen the shrink ( Health care dollars at work ) I have a 12 year old son. I want to be able to do more stuff with him. I want to be around to be a grandmother. I can not afford to go out of country for this surgery. I have heard some are thinking of going off to Mexico. I pray to God for them that things will turn out for them. God forbid there be complications from the surgery they get in Mexico. You think we are hard the system now, Imagine what will happen to the health care system and all the dollars you will spend correcting some other countries mistakes.Why cant the health care system help us now ?. Do not tell me its the money, that story is is old. Iam sorry for sounding so disrespectful, but I am mad, hurt , and depressed. Please imform me why this is all happening Thank you Sharon Spence
nikki_r
on 11/2/06 12:28 pm - Surrey, Canada
Hi, Awsome letter Sharon!! Take Care Nikki
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/06 12:46 pm - Victoria, Canada
Great Job Sharon, I hope they treat your enquiry with the respect you deserve as a taxpayer and Canadian Citizen. I am looking forward to hearing their response and hope you share that with us here. I am feeling very encouraged that the letter writing will help move things along. Thanks for sharing your letter with us. Janice
Sim W.
on 11/2/06 11:49 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Sharon, Thanks for sharing the letter. It is very powerful. I will be working on mine this weekend. Sim
Most Active