Sleeve size with Dr.Sampath??

Serenisis
on 4/14/12 1:18 am - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
 Hello everyone!

So I've jumped back into the forums full-force, trying to research VSG and get all knowledged up to prepare for what's to come.  Everyone has been amazing, but now I find I have another question for Dr. S -- just thought I'd ask here first :) 

Does anyone know how big he usually makes the sleeve? It's my understanding that surgeon's use a bougie tube to measure how big/small/tight to make our new pouches, and I'm just wondering if anyone who has had or is having the surgery with him knows the answer?

Any input is appreciated :))
             HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

bamf
on 4/14/12 3:26 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi, I have heard that he makes the sleeve about the size of a small banana..
Barb

Nikkal
on 4/14/12 3:51 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
 y'know, the surgery video done by Dr Nguyen on their website doesn't seem to show the use of a bougie at all - in that video a marker stitch was used to provide the guidance...I wasn't specifically looking for indicators of a bougie tho...
prplady
on 4/15/12 1:28 pm - Canada
I asked what size he uses and he told me a 34F Bougie
He does not oversow.. Most of the Mexican Drs. seem to do that and from my research into the sleeve they all seem to have a tighter sleeve...
I was sleeved Nov 7/11 by Dr.Sampath

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Serenisis
on 4/15/12 2:45 pm - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
 Interesting....thanks for sharing ladies!  =))
             HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Most Active