Anyone in the Lower Mainland Area?

bbwvixen
on 5/23/15 6:36 pm - Surrey, Canada

I had my surgery in 2010 with Dr. Malik, after waiting 4+ years.

I initially lost 100lbs but a year later, I had hernia repair surgery and within ten days, my dad died. Things went to hell and a handbasket after that and I've gained 60lbs back.

There used to be so many support groups, but now I don't see anything :((

Just looking for someone local to talk to and hopefully get support.

tamarag55
on 5/31/15 9:17 am - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada

Hi! I'm in port moody,  at the start of the journey. I am going to start going to Tops, there are lots of chapters around the lower mainland. They seem to welcome wls'ers as well. I am also getting some professional counselling set up specific to weight/body image/ food triggers/ emotional eating. It is hard enough  to do this without dealing with grief and loss too. Feel free to contact me on here any time. You can do it! Take care!

Ayorama
on 6/1/15 2:14 pm - Surrey, Canada

Check the richmond group's fb page.  I  know they have a support group.  there used to be one in abbotsford also.  When I first got involved in 2012, there was also one in langley, but no one was going, so they shut that one down.  Keep looking... they're out there.  Also, I get ALOT of support on FB groups.

loridianne
on 6/23/15 11:10 am - Canada

Does anyone know of a place where I can get a lap band fill?  I had mine done 12 years ago with Dr. Wai Leung in Surrey but he seems to have disappeared and I cannot find anyone in Lower Mainland to do this.  I called one place but they were charging $1000 as opposed to $50 for a fill.

Most Active