New guy here... Surgery tomorrow

James_chambers
on 8/3/15 9:32 am

Good morning, I've been lurking for a little and figured why not start to contribute a little.  My name is James and I'm 32, and when I had my orientation in feb. I was 456 lbs. at my last weigh in I was 440, nothing earth shattering but it's in the right direction. I'm having a sleeve tomorrow in Richmond. I've heard that the wait lists are really long, but it seems like this has happened really fast. 

beelitehobbies
on 8/3/15 7:34 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Richmond, Virginia or Richmond, Canada?

good luck tomorrow BTW

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/3/15 9:49 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Hi James,

Welcome to the board. Congrats on the weight you have lost so far and good luck tomorrow. Keep us posted!!!

Rhiannon

James_chambers
on 8/3/15 10:51 pm

My surgery is in Richmond Canada, sorry I thought I posted in the British Columbia forum. 

Rhiannon, I'll do my best. I have three young kids,(4,2,9 months) so time to update might be spotty at best, but I want to keep a decent record of my sruggles and victories to possibly help others.  

-james

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/4/15 12:19 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Great! I'm still on the wait list. so I'm very curious about the process. Hope your surgery goes well today!

Daniel88
on 8/4/15 6:43 pm

Good luck James. Hopefully when you are feeling up to it you can give us some details. How long you were on the wait list, how much notice you had before the surgery, and please keep us posted on the results. 

All the best.

James_chambers
on 8/6/15 1:10 pm

I was referred to the program at the garret wellness Center about a yeah before my orientation. I had my orientation in February and the first mention of a possible surgery date was late June I believe. It seemed to me that the time has flown by. Because of my sleep apnea I had to be in ICU after surgery, but the staff there is great. I was up and walking yesterday, and hopefully going home today. On a side note it's weird not being hungry at all. I haven't eaten since Monday night and I still don't have any "hunger". I'm trying to drink as much as I can so that might be quashing the hunger a bit.

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/7/15 1:12 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

That's wonderful. You've got this!

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Most Active