5 days out

James_chambers
on 8/9/15 12:14 pm

overall I seem to be feeling better day by day. The nausea seems to come and go, Gravol and changing positions seems to help a lot. My protein intake is much lower than I was told to target. Not sure if it's normal to not care if I eat. I'm not hungry at all, thirsty like there's no tomorrow, but not hungry. I've probably maxed out at 10 grams of protein in one day, the problem is I don't really like the sweetness of my shake. I've had soup with protein added, but that only gives me 5g of protein per 1/4 cup. jello is too sweet. Anyone have issues with things being too sweet? 

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/9/15 10:52 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Glad to hear you're doing well James. So great that you're not hungry. This forum is super slow but if you go to the main one, there's tons of great advice! Hope you have an awesome week. 

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

heather5565
on 8/11/15 6:28 am - Prince George, Canada

hope to hear your journey gets better everyday!

My tentative date booked is Sept 21

so... in other words I am going to be stalking this site and asking a lot of questions! haha

Heather

Soon-to-be-pain-free-and-a-healthier-me.

Reicken
on 8/11/15 9:04 am - Victoria , Canada

Lack of hunger is normal. I haven't felt hungry since my surgery. It has to do with the removal of the majority of your stomach, and therefore its ability to produce Ghrelin (sp?), which is what makes you hungry. If you are looking to help get your protein in, try the Premier Protien Shakes. Get them super cold and the Cholocate ones will taste like Chocolate Milk. I lived off that for stage 2 as well as home made smoothies with fresh fruit, 1% milk and protein powder. Wasn't much for soups, and plain broth tasted horrible to me.

For Nausea, I have found that the Gravol chewable ginger tabs work the best for me.

I just got sleeved on July 27th, so I'm a little bit ahead of you in the stages. If I can help in any way, just let me know!

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

Most Active