Been Approved

Smoochie70
on 8/14/15 4:59 pm - Canada

Saw Dr. Zentner today. She told me i have been approved for the sleeve. Yippeee. She said surgery will be in 3-6 months

Iam so excited. :-) She was thrilled with the progress i have already made.  I see her again Oct 14th

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/14/15 11:18 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. Good luck! 

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Smoochie70
on 8/15/15 10:38 pm - Canada

Are you from Victoria?

Smoochie70
on 8/15/15 10:36 pm - Canada

Thank you. i cant believe all this is happening so quickly. 

it seems quick to me anyway. 

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/15/15 10:56 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Yes, I live in Victoria. It really gives me hope to hear that this is really happening for you because I've been kind of depressed thinking that I will never have my surgery! I've been waiting for well over a year and have not heard anything from Dr. Amsons office yet. I called them a couple of weeks ago and was told that it could still be up to two years away. I feel like I've been fat for most of my life and I'm completely ready for this. mind, body and soul and the waiting is excruciating. Thanks for sharing your happiness and excitement, it helps... 

Rhiannon

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Smoochie70
on 8/16/15 9:43 am - Canada

Iam sorry to hear that you have been waiting so long. Iam sure that is discouraging. I have heard that Dr. Amson's waits can be long. 

I understand about being overweight our whole life. I have been too. Sometimes just a little and sometimes a whole lot. Iam glad to hear that you have been using this time to get ready for what lies ahead. That really will make you more successful. 

We should keep in touch and encourage each other. 

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/20/15 10:24 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Yes, we should stay in touch and support each other! This is such a big thing to experience alone, it will be great to be able to share the challenges and victories with someone else who is going through the same thing. 

Rhiannon

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Smoochie70
on 8/20/15 11:09 pm - Canada

yes. having someone to share it with sure does help make the journey easier.  i just so desperately want to make this work. iam tired of feeling like my weight is controlling everything i do. One thing that is kind of driving me crazy right now is... Well my BMI is not extremely high like some others i have met. So people keep saying to me stuff like. Well why do you need surgery. You arent really big. THis makes me crazy. Even people a the program at the hospital. Alot assume i have already had the surgery. Grr.  Just because my BMI is only 40 it doesnt mean iam in control. 

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/20/15 11:34 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

I know exactly how you feel. My BMI is right at 40, as well. I don't want to start losing yet because of fear that I won't qualify anymore. I was looking on the lightweights forum and some of them weigh more than me and I will never consider myself a lightweight! I've suffered prejudice most of my life for being obese and that's my reality and it's hurtful to think that others may try to say that my pain and struggle have not been as substantial as theirs.

Rhiannon

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

tamarag55
on 8/29/15 6:06 pm - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada

I asked specifically about what happens when we lose weight and our bmi is lower ahead of surgery. They want us to make changes ahead of surgery and losing weight is part of that. Once approved, and in the program, it is OK that your bmi goes down. My go to is always: call the dietician Carla or her assistant Michelle and ask, get your questions answered. They will help, be reassuring and it will also get you on their radar. Hang in!!! 

Most Active