Sleep Apnea Test

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/15 10:24 am

Hi there,

I had my sleep test done last night and the quick results when I returned the device read that I was having issues. Have many of you had problems or have been diagnosed with sleep apnea? Are you on a machine now? Any advice would be appreciated :) Thanks!!

Reicken
on 9/6/15 10:02 pm - Victoria , Canada

Hi divina! I was diagnosed with OSA about 5 years before my VSG journey. If you are confirmed with OSA, then you will have to go on a CPAP to help you. Also, in Victoria, use of a CPAP if diagnosed is mandatory to be in the program. I find my sleep is was better with it and can't stand to be without. Hopefully you have extended health because the machines aren't cheap if you buy locally. There are stores elsewhere in the country that will sell the same machine for way less, but there is no after purchase follow up if that is what you are looking for as well.

good luck!

HW: 330 | SW: 300 | 1 Mo: -27 | 2 Mo: -12| 3 Mo: 0 (stalled!)

Surgery Type: VSG - Dr. Malik @ Royal Jubilee Hospital (2015/07/27)

Amerlyn
on 9/11/15 7:42 pm - Canada

I was diagnosed with osa as well a year ago. The CPAP machine is amazing. It takes time to get used to but the sleep I get know is sooo much better. Now if I sleep without it I can really feel the difference. I wake up groggy and with a headache vs feeling almost well rested. Sure I'd rather not have to use a machine but the difference is enough that I will be very cautious as I loose weight and probably will stay on the machine till the Dr confirms it's gone.

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/15 10:49 pm

Thank you for your comments. I am meeting with Dr. Zentner on Tuesday, so I will find out what I will need to do.

Most Active