My latest appointments ... getting so close

rabgal
on 4/8/16 6:53 pm

I had a great appointment with Dr Z and Carla today.  I was worried as any weight loss I was having has plateaued but Dr Z reassured me. She said there is no expectation for me to lose weight pre-surgery; I have obesity and my system is broken which Is why I'm going to have surgery. 

They are both pleased with my lifestyle changes and progress which made me happy :)

Dr Z thinks I will have my surgery in the next few months; Carla thinks it may not be til September as there is not much that happens in the summer.

I hope to know more on Monday after mmeeting with Dr Lam

AnImperfectAngel
on 4/8/16 7:19 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Great job! That's fantastic, you're almost there. Whether it's in July or September, you'll be on the losers bench soon.

Are you having the VSG?

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

rabgal
on 4/11/16 6:15 pm

I met with Doctor Lam today - she was so sweet :)

Once I have my upper GI done, I'm on the list and good to go providing it shows no concerns.  So my upper GI is scheduled for April 28th and if all goes, I may have a late May surgery date. 

I'm optimistically-guarded but stoked, lol.

Jibledoe
on 4/12/16 7:24 am
VSG on 04/06/16

That's excellent news Dr. Lam is great! I'm crossing my fingers for a late May date for you!

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/16 8:55 am

that is great!!! once you get the OK from the surgeon its a matter of months.  My surgeon is Dr. Malik, from the time I got his OK and to my surgery date was 3 months. Good luck!! I have my fingers crossed for you.

Jibledoe
on 4/12/16 7:26 am
VSG on 04/06/16

They're both really supportive, and you will have more weight loss once you hit the glucerna! Lol

Odettework
on 4/19/16 8:53 am

Wow! Sounds like a great appointment! I just missed you by a day!!! 

I I also met with Carla which was great very happy with my weight loss and she is always a huge support. Dr.z was also her fabulous self and super supportive and pleased wth weight loss. I began at 400 and Was at 339... Now after my 2 week Mexican vacay gained 7lbs dang it ! Back on track tomorrow. 

I also met met with dr Malik, he was as I expected urgent and factual , also polite. He told me of all possible adverse reactions with surgery . He was pleased with my weight loss and called it impressive :) gave me the okay and says surgery will be coming up soon and suggested starting liquid diet ASAP. Which dr z and Carla suggested I don't until I get my date.

I also spoke with Sherri dr Malik's AMAZING surgery consultant , who informed me I am 5th on the list for surgery and gave me tentative dates for May and June. Once confirmed she will give me a ring . I am really seeing the light !!!!!! 

Was thinking it would be so convenient to have a private Facebook page for all of us lowermainland ish or BC people , any thoughts?! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/16 9:21 am

That is amazing!! Once you get the okay from the surgeon things seem to move along quickly.  I was hoping for a date in April but May is better than nothing. I'm up for the private FB page, if you set it up let me know and I'll send you my info.  Just ordered all my liquid vitamins, Vitamart.ca is a great place to get stuff from and GNC not so bad as well. I hope to go horseback riding with my daughter for her 11th birthday in August and zip lining with the girls in September on a girls trip to Whistler. There are so many things I can't wait to do!!

Good Luck on getting a date soon!!

Jibledoe posted a link for hotels in Victoria during your time there, we used it to book a great place at a very reasonable rate. Thank you for that Jibledoe!

rabgal
on 4/20/16 12:45 pm

My other reply got blocked so not sure if you got my email address - PM if you didn't get it ;)

Vegansey
on 9/29/19 11:39 pm - Abbotsford, Canada

I know this is a super old post but I just made a Facebook group for Richmond and Victoria Bariatric patients. I noticed your comment do I thought I would share. It's called Richmond and Victoria bc Bariatric support group.

Most Active