So tired of waiting ...

rabgal
on 5/17/16 12:37 am

My patience level is waining ... I called to follow up and make sure Dr Lam got my upper GI results. When my last xray was unceremoniously cancelled, Christina gave me the impression it would have no impact on my surgery date and even said May was a possibility.  I find out today that all May spots are booked and they don't know if there will be any for June or the summer. I'm so depressed and frustrated and jealous of everyone else getting through. It's been 3.5 years already.  :( :( 

Jibledoe
on 5/17/16 7:30 am
VSG on 04/06/16

I'm so sorry to hear that Sam I was crossing my fingers for you to have a May or June date! im hoping Christina is just trying not to get your hopes up, im sure there are summer surgeries getting ready for booking I was pushed forward to fill a cancellation maybe this could happen for you? I know it's frustrating just keep at it, it will happen.

AnImperfectAngel
on 5/21/16 5:32 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

I hear you Sam!

It's absolutely brutal waiting for so long. I've been pretty depressed about it myself. I've heard nothing since my orientation and 'm losing my motivation.

I think it's disgusting that it takes so long in BC. I have several serious health issues now that I didn't have when I requested the surgery and I'm sure that people die waiting. I just hope I'm not one of them.

When is our health care system going to realize that it's costing them substantially more to treat obesity-relating diseases than to help obese people to become well by having bariatric surgery?!

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

tamarag55
on 6/6/16 5:30 pm - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada

Hello! Hang in! Find some support with TOPS, weigh****chers, whatever you can. I am on the other side of the waiting and it is hard hard to keep at it without those supports in place well before surgery. I could not have got through to my surgery date without my TOPS group and I would not have stayed on track without that support and weekly accountability too. Whatever might work for you, don't quit til you find it then all you can do is work your program and hang tight. You can do it! don't give up! 

jmws
on 7/14/16 9:26 pm

What proceedure? I have a female friend that had Lapband and she has lost tremendous weight, only regret she has is there is a device that looks like a lump on her abdomen that is implanted for the Lapband.

Most Active