Richmond Bariatric Program: What was your timeline?

StephanieAnn
on 6/9/16 6:56 pm

Hello Beautiful's.

I have been attempting to track down a realistic timeline from the time you were called to start the program to when the surgery happens. 

I understand it is a "first come first serve" basis until your called, then a "first ready first served" after.  I want to learn about your experience, since everyone is so different.

1)How long from the first call until the orientation?: I think I ready on a post, around 2 weeks?

2)How long after the orientation was your consult with the surgeon?

3)How long after the consult with the surgeon were you booked for surgery?

4)How prepared were you when you started the program? 

5)Once they identify you are "ready" what happens next?

Thanks so much everyone. I truly appreciate your time. 

Much love and support to those on this journey

Cheers

Mjdvan
on 6/14/16 6:45 pm

Hey there 

I was just accepted Friday June 10 and they told my doctor's office the wait is 18-24 month for consultation. I wrote the office to see if they had any advice on what to do while waiting and received a reply from the receptionist that canned response said it is an msp program if you're referred you will be contacted. The wait is 2 years 

Heather L.
on 6/21/16 3:58 pm - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

1)How long from the first call until the orientation?: I think I ready on a post, around 2 weeks?  My orientation was 3 weeks after the first call.

2)How long after the orientation was your consult with the surgeon?   Five months.

3)How long after the consult with the surgeon were you booked for surgery?  We  booked my surgery that same day.

4)How prepared were you when you started the program?  I was very prepared. I'd been reading the OH forums, blogs and all the books I could during the entire 15 months between my referral the the call for orientation.

5)Once they identify you are "ready" what happens next?  You don't get the call to meet the surgeon until they deem you ready.  That's pretty much the very last thing you do.

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

jmws
on 7/14/16 9:33 pm

BC is a joke, I'm gonna take my chances in Mexico. They can take you in less than a month after completing medical info forms to ensure you qualify. Take the forms to your GP to verify the info you submit is up to date prior to sending back.

The ALMATER HOSPITAL is where I'm going. Got a friend who went there and she is very happy and skinny now.

Most Active