Leaving Province

dietersteven
on 8/29/16 12:41 am

BC: (public) waited 18 months for a reply even an acknowledgment ...that still has not come ...Tried to follow up with 2 different Bariatric centers after GP referrals. Received short, disapproving , and condescending tone for calling or emailing. Leaving me feeling both discouraged and marginalized. 

Quebec: (Private) Friendly, professional, positive, encouraging. Immediate response, surgery date booked within six weeks of inquiry. 

Yes its costly, but if I continue to live at this weight eventually my health will prevent me from working and that will be more costly in the longer term. 

Most importantly and thankfully... I don't have to roll over and quietly accept being treated this way!

Mjdvan
on 8/29/16 1:05 am

I am so sorry that this has been your experience, so far, mne as well. I find the replies from Richmond bariatric to be horribly cold. If you don't mind my asking, what is the cost in Quebec?

I hope that it goes smoothly for you!

dietersteven
on 8/30/16 7:13 pm

Hi Mjdvan

The Cost is 19.5K  plus flights and hotel for about a week. The procedure lasts 1.5 hours total time under. They keep the patients in the hospital for two nights and  in town for three days after the surgery. 

Mexico was also an option but I decided to stay in Canada. 

Most Active