I need help

Kikay
on 1/21/17 10:51 am

Thank you for adding me. I really need help and encouragement as I am very confused. I have a surgery date for Sleeve on February 14th and to be honest, I have not done a lot of research which I am slowly doing now. I only met my surgeon once and the next time I will meet him will be on the day of my surgery. I don't have preoperative diet and post operative diet. I am from Canada and this surgery is covered. I lose 65 lbs recently doing ketogenic diet and this opportunity came along. I am really scared and contemplating of not getting the surgery since I was able to lose weight on my own. However, part of me still want this surgery. I started 297 lbs and I am now 230 lbs. Any thoughts?

Mjdvan
on 1/24/17 12:07 am

Hi there

Sorry for the delayed reply this board is slooow

No one can make that choice for you. As some on one the waiting list.. I have a lot time to do research. I just wanted to say that my reasons are.. I'm a binge eater.. A life long food addict who has been obese since. 8 years. Old. For me the choice is crystal clear as to why I need this surgery. For you, you know the reasons.  If you truly feel able to do this on your own and maintain..  Then by all means! That is a wonderful thing to change your life. If you do decide to cancel.. I would tell the surgeon Asap as there literally thousands of people waiting. Good luck with your choice!

SLEEVEMEDOWN
on 8/12/17 7:02 pm

Great answer!

im I'm in beginning stages, what was ur first steps? I have a apt with my GP Wednesday...does he make a referral to a surgeon and then I get put on a wait list to see one? Then wen I see one , do the access my need one for one then go on another wAitlist? I'm in BC and vgs is covered by MSP but I'm asumming that's another huge wait which I'm not sure how to start? I keep researching and reading and I just get more confused . Any info I would be grateful xo

Mjdvan
on 1/24/17 12:09 am

Hi there

Sorry for the delayed reply this board is slooow

No one can make that choice for you. As some on one the waiting list.. I have a lot time to do research. I just wanted to say that my reasons are.. I'm a binge eater.. A life long food addict who has been obese since. 8 years. Old. For me the choice is crystal clear as to why I need this surgery. For you, you know the reasons.  If you truly feel able to do this on your own and maintain..  Then by all means! That is a wonderful thing to change your life. If you do decide to cancel.. I would tell the surgeon Asap as there literally thousands of people waiting. Good luck with your choice!

SLEEVEMEDOWN
on 8/12/17 7:04 pm

How long did u wait list for? Was it easy? What exact steps did u take? I live in BC so vgs is coveted by msp but how did u go from thinking about it to actually getting a surgery date? I'm desperate to get one . Please give me any advice or steps u took ! Xox

Mjdvan
on 8/16/17 1:10 pm

It's important to get a referral from your GP asap. I've been on the wait list 15 months and will likely be on another 18. In all reality you're looking at 3 years. I'm waiting to hear what the wait is right now for my referral time. I'm likely going to Mexico and payING out of pocket.

Most Active