Surgery Postponed

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/17 8:39 am

Well my surgery did not happen yesterday. I've postponed my date until March 7, plenty of time to heal during spring break.

jillydopop
on 2/4/17 8:23 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

How come you were postponed?

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/17 8:36 pm

My mom was recovering from breast cancer surgery she had January 6, I wouldn't have been able to help her with everything she needed help with if I had mine late January. So I picked the date in March, close to spring break so recovery will be easier with kids at home. How are you feeling? Who's your surgeon? I'm very excited for you please keep me in the loop as to how you're feeling. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I will be at Richmond hospital Wednesday for scope and Friday for anesthesiologist appointment 

jillydopop
on 2/4/17 8:54 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I was told at my pre-admission last week that we have to take 4 weeks off of work and no lifting more than 10lbs for six weeks and no driving for two weeks.

I'm nervous and scared at this point, so close! I'll be at Richmond Hospital on Thursday (surgery is 12:30 pm) and I will be discharged some time on Friday.

I will definitely keep you in the loop with everything for sure.

The scope is a little nerve wracking - my advice is to accept the sedation. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/17 8:57 pm

Did you have someone with you during scope?

jillydopop
on 2/4/17 9:03 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

My Mom was in the waiting room.

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/17 9:40 am

Thinking of you, how are you doing? Feeling? I'm really nervous, keep thinking about all the changes and feel like jumping ship...I know those are just nerves 

jillydopop
on 2/7/17 10:43 am
VSG on 02/09/17

I'm doing okay. Don't let your nerves overwhelm you. Think about the reasons you are doing this. Keep your eye on the goal that's what I keep telling myself. The day is almost here, I feel nervous but also happy and excited.

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/17 5:38 pm

How was your surgery? How are you feeling? Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/17 2:24 pm
On February 7, 2017 at 6:43 PM Pacific Time, jillydopop wrote:

I'm doing okay. Don't let your nerves overwhelm you. Think about the reasons you are doing this. Keep your eye on the goal that's what I keep telling myself. The day is almost here, I feel nervous but also happy and excited.

My surgery date has been moved again. They are very gracious and working with me and my moms schedule since she will be starting radiation soon. My new and final date is march 28, too bad it's after spring break but at least the kids wil be back in school and I can focus on myself. Started preop diet today...again lol

hope you are healing well, if you can please share how you are feeling. Thank you!!

Most Active