post op

jillydopop
on 3/10/17 9:29 am
VSG on 02/09/17

Hi there! I feel amazing! Life is getting back to normal and I'm down 25 lbs! My clothes are falling off me and I haven't even really started working out yet (just walking for now).

I have no regrets - this was a game changer for me. I'm so happy. No complications.

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/17 10:02 am, edited 3/10/17 2:02 am

How many calories and grams of protein are you get in in? How's your water intake?

jillydopop
on 3/10/17 4:52 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

I've been hitting my protein targets since day 3 or 4, which for me was set at 81-88 g. It will be reduced at the 6 week post op appointment with the nutritionist.

Water intake is level at 32 oz per day, which I need to start slowly increasing now. I'm going to try to add a cup a week going forward until I'm at their recommendation.

As for calories, they don't give you a calorie/carb target. They just want you to be hydrated and getting your protein in.

For the first three weeks, I wa****ting somewhere around 550-650 calories a day. Now that I'm on puree food I'm getting 750-900. I hope that's enough to make my body think I'm not starving. I've been suffering from the third week stall. Where your body just holds steady.

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/17 5:32 pm

That is great!! What's your secret? I keep hoping that I don't have any intake issues/problems. I'm working out and have been consistently in hope of a good recovery. Happy to hear you are doing so well!! Are you on any FB groups for locals? If so, please give me the name. Thank you

jillydopop
on 3/18/17 6:19 pm
VSG on 02/09/17

No secrets really. Just following instructions. I am a member of several Facebook groups for locals and bariatricpal as well, for the Facebook groups:

Gastric Sleeve Support Group

January, February, March Losers Bench

Gastric Sleeve and Bariatric Surgery Support Group

Gastric Sleeve, Bypass And Bariatric Surgery Support Group

I was a member of several more but found too many groups overwhelming my feeds.

The key here is to not join up then read all about the complications people are having. It is really a tiny percentage of people that experience complications. And I found that when I joined pre-surgery that I was getting myself worked up and began to have irrational fears. Really, they aren't doctors.

And! my doctor (sampath) discourages the groups, every surgeon, every program is different, you just need to listen to your doctor.

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/17 10:14 pm
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/17 11:57 am

How are you doing? My surgery was moved to April 11, so I'm still waiting. Hope you are doing well

Most Active