does California public aid pay for surgery?

Jen M.
on 11/28/06 11:12 am - Richmond, IL
I had my surgery done in IL and public aid paid for it. I have a friend in California that is also on public aid wanted me to ask for her if they pay for it out there too and how to go about it. She lives in the L.A. area.
Tairie G.
on 11/28/06 12:30 pm - Loxley, AL
I just had my surgery on friday and I had Blue Cross of California/Medi-cal... I had been through 4 different insurances before I realized I qualified for welfare and help. had my surgery in like a month or two, real fast and real easy, I thank my blessings. tell her to definitely look into it, I had been fighting for 2 YEARS before this. Good luck to her. Tairie
torryderry
on 11/29/06 5:27 am
I'm the friend in Cali, Van Nuys to be specific. Can you possibly tell me your doctors name to cut down the research time for my doctor? He wasn't even sure I could get it done thru Medi-cal and I am on Blue Cross too! Thanks alot, Lyndee PS Congrats!
Tairie G.
on 11/29/06 7:21 am - Loxley, AL
I am all the way up in Modesto hun, you might want to post a new string on the board for recommendations on wls friendly pcps in your area. but if you want to just call and talk to the insurance people at my surgeons office to get some info.. its Dr. Antonio Coirin, his website is www. bariatricsrus. com the phone number and stuff is on the site but ask to be transfered to coirins office cause coates staff answers that line. Good Luck Tairie
Stacie Z.
on 11/28/06 12:41 pm - Victorville, CA
I had Medi-Cal/IEHP and they paid for everything. they are even paying for my tummy tuck when I lose about another 50 pounds because of the size of my hanging pannis tell your friend to find a WLS friendly PCP that will get her a referral to see a sugeon that will accept her plan
tabilicious
on 2/28/19 4:34 pm - phelan, ca

how do i go about speaking to a dr. or which dr did u go to i live near victorville

Sara G
on 11/28/06 12:59 pm - Brentwood, CA
Yep....my daughter had her surgery in CA last March and Blue Cross/MediCal paid for it 100%!!!
Miss Ladybug
on 11/28/06 3:20 pm - Folsom, CA
I have Kaiser Medi-Cal and they are paying for it. I would like to hear from you people about what the requirements for WLS for Blue Cross. Thanks
Tairie G.
on 11/29/06 12:17 am - Loxley, AL
Blue cross was a breeze.. I couldn't believe how easy it was, no weight loss required no hoops to jump through A thryoid blood test A full lab work blood test A nutritionist eval A psych eval A clearance from your PCP I think thats it, the whole process took me like 2 months and thats only because they jacked up my paperwork at the insurance end and it took 3 weeks to straighten it out. but still.....2 months in nothing. I was fighting this for 2 years through other insurances. Good Luck Tairie
Miss Ladybug
on 11/29/06 12:57 am - Folsom, CA
I have been thinking about changing my HMO w/Medi-Cal from Kaiser to Blue Cross, because I have been struggling with the 10% for over a year now. I have been thinking about calling Medi-Cal and changing my HMO. What other insurances have you had? I have: Edema High Blood Pressure Sleep Apnia Depression Thanks for your response
Most Active