Feel the Love..IT's Thursday Valentines Day!!!

Janine J.
on 2/13/08 6:42 pm - The Beautiful Desert, CA
   Heart Eyes Good Morning Cali and I want to wish you all a Happy Valentine's day...sweetie or no sweetie...everyone deserves to feel the love today...I know just another way for Hallmark to makes some bucks...but how fun is it to be that love slob one day out of the year!!!! Heart Shell So if you really know me....you all know I am not the mushy type....so instead of mushing it with Jeff....we are mushing it with our grandchildren tonight. We sent both of our son's and dil's out for a very very nice dinner so they could mu**** up and we get a fix of having both of the grandchildren less anyone!!!! Now that is my idea of mushing it up!!! ROTFL  I also have to chaparone the school dance...oh boy!!! Lots of hot little sweaty stinky bodies and lots of really LOUD music and bumping and grinding going on!!!!! I am only glad it has cooled off!!! Speaking of cooling off...how is the wind kids?  Windy I swear I thought my house was going to blow down earlier this evening. Heard it is going to be really bad about the time I go to work too!!!! Hurricane  And speaking of work...OMG yesterday....you teachers....do your students have a bug up their wazuuuuuuuu's or what? I actually had to go to a colleague and have him call the principal in...now if you know me too...it had to be really bad because I think I have only done this twice since I have been in this school, but my 7th period class has the worst mixture of strong personalities I have ever seen and the testosterone is at high levels if you know what I mean!!!YIKES!!! I think yesterday in general was not a good day for a lot of people. I am fight stress super bad with the yearbook and was working after school. My computer ran out of space..I was freaking. So I have this teacher from another site (high school) using my room to teach an after school program...when he asks if I was going to be there the whole time...and I just said well maybe...do you have a problem with that. He had the never to say in front of the students who some of these kids I teach during the day that he was uncomfortable with me being there. Now mind you I am sitting there working and minding my own business....I could care less what he is doing. So I did not say a word, packed up and left. I went to the AP to tell her that I was essentially kicked out of my room, but she was not there. The counselor said she would tell her....but by that point I was in tears. Crying 2 I know I was crying from being mad and a combination of stressing and let me tell you....I wanted to EAT EAT EAT!! Best of all, I didn't!!! Got home...fixed my computer problems...YAY on me!!! Ate my weighed out portion of food and called it a night! I do not want to stir up any more controversary than what was on the boards yesterday. Thank you Stephanie O for posting what POTW and SYSK was for the newbies. And newbies please do not be scared away because of the controversaries that sometime arise here. One thing I have learned in my years here and years on the messageboards and in fact did my BA thesis on it....that communicating without the influction of ones voice leads to hurt feelings, not being understood, and words being misinterputed. I am guilty of it all and we all have our own feelings on things.  This does not mean that one person is right and the other person is wrong either. I have been on the end of controversary many of times here on this board, accused of things and whatever....am I bad NO? Should people be condemned, outted for their feelings or views...NO. Should we say...oh can we all just get along....NO. What I am saying is that we all should conduct ourselves in a grown up manner and have the maturity to know that playing tit for tat that there are no winners! This is a public forum and people are entitled to their opinions whether we agree with them or not. We use to tell people around here that if you do not like someone or something people said, pass those post over. People are human..they err for sure...I do big time...and a lot of the time, but I know that the people at the center of this are good people. Some more out spoken than others, but very good genuine people. I would like to add that this is a place of support for many of us. For most of my years out from surgery this has been the only means of support I have had because there was no real support meetings out here less the hospital where the group leader made you feel like you did not belong since you did not have surgery from their doctor. I just hope that people can just step back from this and get back to being a place of support. With that in mind....I was not able to read too much yesterday because when I cry it makes it really difficult to read on the computer with my icky eyes.....but I wanted to shout out to: Cheri...congrats on being on the losing side! Sue....hope things are going good up in your neck of the woods....and give Miss Sammi a big kiss for on line grammy neen! Jean I am glad you are feeling better!!! An what about those losers who are at the century mark? OMG is that exciting or what....remember that one oldies, but goodies???? Chris R aren't you one of them? And Jean you are so close you can taste it!!!  Both you and Chris need new board pics! Steve I am glad you are maintaining and even gained a few....now you and your pouch are going to have to be a fine balancing act! LuLU....how is that wrist doing? Monica W....did you get your papers signed now and the keys in hand or is the escrow company driving you up the wall still? Miss Jodi...how are you doing today? Any news on the doc front? Anna congratulations on getting you HR job too..how exciting and if I read correct..you and Gus are working together? How cool is that? Vicki....how are you doing this morning? I am proud of you for making it through your first day of detoxing the carb monster....I know it was tough!!!! And I wanna know what Mike sent!!! To all you SP peeps....from the looks of it...you are all doing a great job of supporting your pals and lavishing them with love!!! Thanks to all of you who participated and who are dilligent and generously giving a part of themselves! Well kids...even if I did not give you a shout out....doesn't mean I do not care..just means I cannot remember everything...you know the mind is the first thing that goes when you get old!!! So I have been long winded enough...sorry people...see what happens when you sleep in shifts ROTFL Hope you all have a wonderful day...keep things in perspective and a big HappyValentines day to you all!!!!! Grandma Loves You  Peace OUT!!!! Biker Babe 

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” –Peace Pilgrim (1908-1981).

Jodi W
on 2/13/08 9:02 pm, edited 2/13/08 9:03 pm - SIMI VALLEY, CA

GOOD MORNING JANINE   AND THE CALI TEAM. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU ALL!! JANINE I DO THE SAME THING AS FAR AS MUSHY VALENTINES DAY. I LOVE TO MUSHY THE GRANDAUGHTERS AND MY GRAND NIECE'S. NOW THAT'S MY IDEA OF MUSHY LOVE. AS FOR MY TUMMY PROBLEMS, THE MOST WE CAN DO RIGHT NOW IS STAY ON THE MEDS AND PAIN MEDS WHEN NEEDED TO CALM THINGS DOWN UNTIL MY TEST ON THE 26TH OF THIS MONTH. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ASKING ABOUT ME.  I CAN'T WAIT TILL THEY FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS AND GET IT UNDERCONTROL OR GET RID OF IT IF AT ALL POSITIVE. WELL THEY SAY WINDY WEATHER TODAY BUT SO FAR NOT EVEN A BREEZE. I'M WAITING THO. THEY HAVE BEEN VERY ACTIVE THESE DAYS. THEIR GETTING MUCH BETTER AT PERDICTING THE WEATHER THESE DAYS. THANK GOODNESS. TODAY I'M GOING TO TRY FOR THE UMTEEN MILLION TIME TO INSTALL REAL PLAYER AND HAVE IT WORK. I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR A WEEK. EVEN WITH THE PEOPLE AT REAL PLAYER. THEY ARE HAVING7 A HARD TIME FIGURING OUT WHY WE CAN'T INSTALL IT. I NEED MY BIG BROTHER 24/7 LIVE STREAMING VIDEO OF BIG BROTHER AND I AM NOT ABLE TO SEE IT. HAVING BIG TIME WITHDRAWLS FROM IT.   I HAVE NEVER UNISTALL AND INSTALLED ONE PROGRAM SO MANY DIFFERENT TIMES IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS IN ALL MY COMPUTER LIFE. OK WELL IT'S TIME TO PREPARE MYSELF FOR THE AWAKENING OF THE 2 YEAR OLD..  OMG THAT TAKES PROTIEN AND VITAMINS AND SO ON AND SO ON. HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY AND PUT THOSE ROCKS IN YOUR POCKET TO STAY PUT TODAY, CAN'T HAVING YOU BLOW AWAY YOU KNOW. BEST TO YOU! SINCERELY, JODI

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

MONICA W.
on 2/13/08 9:15 pm - Long Beach, CA
Good Morning Janine and Cali, Well I think you are right there was just something in the air.  Although mine was more an irate parent then it was the kids.  But my kids did act a fool while I was out at the meeting and I had to come back and be a meany.  I am still up on that wall.  My friend Wesley flies in today to work on the house and no we do not have it in fact the lender faxed a paper to my ofc mgr yesterday and left me a message to sign it.  How is it he is still trying to verify employment at this point? How is it that he is still finding things for us to do?  I think even if the approval comes through he will not have the closing papers done because there will be something still not done.  I am just letting it go. Well it is Valentine's Day so i'm sending love out to everyone.  Except Jordyn's father who is in deep bandini at the moment.  This is not a holiday that he really acknowledges so I don't expect anything.  He did surprise me last year with a card - a first in 17 years.  I plan on feeling the love at work. Everyone enjoy the day Monica

Jean L.
on 2/13/08 9:23 pm - Seal Beach, CA
RNY on 08/20/07 with
Good morning Janine and all my cali buds Happy Hallmark day to everyone and I hope everyone has a great day.  Yes Janine - I am so close to that century mark I CAN taste it - only 3 lbs away from losing 100 - who wold have thought I could do this is 6 months.  WOW is all I can say.  I will be taking new pictures next week - at my 6 month mark - and of course at LB coffee which is a just a little over a week away.  You know how we are at coffee - the cameras go nutso. Thank you for your commentary on the "drama".  I wanted to post something but didn't - I thought it best to leave it alone.  You said it all perfectly.  It is so hard sometimes to totally understand what a person means without hearing the voice behind it.  I hate to see this kind of controversy on the Cali boards as everyone here has always been so supportive and caring since I have been on.  But, you said it all.  Well put. Have fun with those grand babies tonight and give them smooches for me - they are so adorable. As for me today not alot on the agenda - I want to go to the pool and exercise if its not to freezing (like it was yesterday)  I was cold ALL DAY yesterday. Everyone have a great day Lots of big hugs to all
Jean    

Steve J.
on 2/13/08 9:53 pm - Inland Empire, CA
RNY on 12/01/06 with
 Good Morning and a great, BIG Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!    Yowza TeddyI Love You  The wind is a'blowing here big time this morning. The forecast said it would and so it is! Hoping it dies down later today as they say it should. Don't want to have three days of winds again. So there is drama again on the board huh? Whatever. It still amazes me that people get into it over some of the things they do here on this support board. Like you said though Janine it is easy to do so on a message board with writing clearly and thoughtfully not being a lot of peoples strong suit! Glad Steph stepped in with her post and defined what many of us know as the "rules" for the POTW and SYSK. And for those of you who haven't been around here a long time if you think THIS little flare up is troubling you should have seen some of the controversys in years past.... WHEW, talk about drama and hurt feelings!  Scared 1  LOL So I am off to do some online banking and peruse the board. Wishing you and all the Cali Crew a calm and loving Valentine's Thursday! Have a great evening with the grandkids Janine!  Big Hug  Hugs And Kisses Blowing Kisses 

taz51501
on 2/13/08 10:13 pm - Central Coast, CA
Good Morning Janine and Cali! Happy hearts day to all. Sam and I mu**** up with Sammi. That kid is just a little spoiled.........LOL Enjoy your evening with your grandbabies, I know you will. Thanks for the recap on the boards, I just glanced through before coming in here. It seems life has gotten super busy again and I have no idea where the time goes. I am so looking forward to the 3 day weekend coming up. I need a break. Happy Thursday Cali! Sue

Keep doing what you're doing, Keep getting what you're getting.

Highest/Surgery/Dr. Goal/Goal/Current
   301        299      180     170     159

christine mats
on 2/13/08 11:40 pm - oceanside, CA
Good Morning Cali! Happy Thursday and Valentines day to all! I'm working  and  so is Jason so were not going out till this weekend for dinner or something? Its cold and wet outside so bundle up and keep warm  I'm looking forward to another restfull weekend Its been a long week for me already but its almost over,, Have a great day  *Christine* 
vicki M.
on 2/14/08 12:18 am - NAS Lemoore, CA
Morning! Well, I waited around at home alllllllllll day yesterday and nothing.  When Mike called last night and I told him that nothing came- he got pissed. He purposely set things up to come yesterday to bypass all the craziness of today.  He sent me some flowers.  So, hopefully they will come today. He already called and *****ed out the folks that he ordered them from and told them that i had to miss a physical therapy appointment because I was at home all day.  The offered him a 10% discount on his next order....he said "how about 30 or 40% and something extra??"  lol Yesterday was another bad day as far as the carb withdrawal. I did go and get some melon and some oranges and it was crazy, after one little bite of melon- the headache went away.  Like a natural tylenol or something.  Anyway, the scale moved down again this morning...so, it IS working!  Today have to move into soft protein and I have some things that are set aside for that.  I am hoping to drop off this 10 lbs before Mike gets home in April for leave. As far as the drama- it goes in waves around here doesn't it?  Everything will be running smoothly and then BAM, something else comes up.  But, like Steve said- ain't nothing beating the drama that was around here a couple of years ago....a lot of friendships ruined.  Or, at least, perceived friendships.  OH well, such is life, right?? Have a great VD everyone. I am off to a IEP meeting with my daughter's principal.  Joy.
Vicki M Proud NAVY wife and veteran!!!

Optimists are right. So are pessimists. It's up to you to choose which you will be.~~Harvey Mackay

Anna H.
on 2/14/08 12:31 am - La Puente, CA

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY I love today because it gives me an extra excuse to hug and kiss Gus all day Everyone enjoy their day and give lots of kisses and hugs out. Anna

ShellsBells
on 2/14/08 12:37 am - Vallejo, CA
Good Morning and Happy Valentines Day to you all!

Shells
Most Active