CA Reconstructive Surgery Class Action Suit!

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/08 9:36 am - San Jose, CA
As I posted recently (http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/board_id,4856/cat_id, 4456/topic_id,3518359/a,messageboard/action,replies/#2758655 7) I have discovered that there is a CA statute MANDATING that CA insurers pay for reconstructive plastic surgery.  I won my appeal with the CA DMHC based on this statute, and they ORDERED Health Net to pay for my reconstructive surgery -- but HN refused!  So the DMHC is now taking the case to Enforcement. In the meantime, I have contacted a law firm that handles health insurance class action suits, and I have convinced them to seriously consider taking this case!  So now I am looking for more participants for the lawsuit. If you have been denied insurance coverage for reconstructive surgery in CA since 1999, please contact me at dianahc AT comcast DOT net.  If you are currently trying to get coverage for reconstructive surgery in CA, please have your reconstructive surgeon contact me -- I have a letter that would help prove that you meet the terms of the statute so that you can benefit from this requirement.
Connie Tyler,
Certified Personal...

on 2/14/08 8:48 am - Riverside, CA
Diana, So glad to read your post.  I am beginning my Reconstructive Surgery process (consultation on 2/20 with my HealthNet referred physician).  I need to have my lower abdomen, upper abdomen, and arms done.  I know Health Net covers tummy tuck if considered medically necessary, however the upper abdomen and arms are not covered.  I suffer from rashes and will be providing my surgeon with pictures of past rashes, and I currently have one under my arm, so hopefully that will get my health insurance to cover the reconstructive surgery.  Do you have any other advice for me as I get started?  Can you email me the letter you have so I can take it with me to my consultation? My email address is [email protected].  Any help you have to offer is much much appreciated. Thanks Connie
Connie Tyler
Riverside, Ca.  
340/160
higest/ goal    

Most Active