Fruit

Jaime C.
on 2/13/08 7:00 am - Pacific Grove, CA
RNY on 08/03/07 with
Does anyone dump on fruit? Just curious... I haven't really incorporated fruit into my diet. What kinds of fruit if any are people eating around here?  Sometimes I just crave for a nice juicy orange and I am a little nervous about it. Should I be? I didn't ask my new surgeon about fruit last time I saw him. I know what my last surgeon would say though... 
Jaime C.

taz51501
on 2/13/08 7:43 am - Central Coast, CA
Hi Jamie, I eat fruit just in small portions. Apples, no skin, blackberries, raspberries, grapes, etc I did have part of a grapefruit yesterday, I peeled it and only ate the "meat" of the fruit. It was a little messy but it sure tasted yummy! If you haven't had much fruit yet, I would start slow.... Sue

Keep doing what you're doing, Keep getting what you're getting.

Highest/Surgery/Dr. Goal/Goal/Current
   301        299      180     170     159

Monica P.
on 2/13/08 7:46 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I've tried but it all makes my pouch gurgle...almost as if it's threatening to dump

grapes - gurgling

pears - gurgling

melon - gurgling

pineapple- gurgling

apples - gurgling

you get the idea, I finally gave up

Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Jaime C.
on 2/14/08 6:30 am - Pacific Grove, CA
RNY on 08/03/07 with

Yea, i get the idea... LOL

Don't you just LOVE when your stomach talks to you? Mine usually does that in the most crowded of places.

Jaime C.

Gus H.
on 2/13/08 7:51 am - La Puente, CA
The first time I ate fruit after WLS I dumped big time.....Today, I eat fruit like bananas, mangos, strawberries, watermelon. I'll eat apples more than oranges. I usually do fruit that I can really water down. Sometimes with apples, I just crunch down the juices and spit the rest because it'll feel like a ton of bricks. As much as I love grapes, I'll eat them but just a few. Same thing with cherries.
MaryLouise F.
on 2/13/08 7:55 am - CA

Hi Jaime,

Well I tried the meat of an orange and ended up dumping.. so don't think I will be trying that anytime again soon..lol but cherries oh yeah I love them, have had no problems with them at all.. Same thing with fresh lemons from my lemon tree, of course I peal the skin away too.. it gets messy and sticky but so yummy.. Every body is different though.  Maybe try a small portion and wait for the bomb or not..lol Good luck to ya!!

(((hugs)))

MaryLouise
http://www.facebook.com/BlueyedMaryLouise

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/08 9:10 am - Agoura Hills, CA
Bananas do not agree with me.  No dumping, just feel icky!
Steve J.
on 2/13/08 10:31 am - Inland Empire, CA
RNY on 12/01/06 with
Hi there my little Angelette!  Hello  The only fruit I have dumped on is pineapple. Three times. Anything else has been fine... apples, oranges, lemons, limes, melons, berries, mango, grapes.  So the only advice I have is to be prepared. By now you probably realize that it is always food roulette with us. Til you try it you don't know how YOUR system will react right? So just because I dump on pineapple doesn't mean YOU will. Try whatever strikes your fancy and see how it goes. Try a smaller portion as a test at first then see how a larger portion works. I also figure that you know just because it sets well today, tomorrow and next week doesn't mean it will do so next month.... that's the life we have to deal with now that we rearranged our plumbing! It's just something we must come to terms with I'm afraid.   Dunno Love you Jamie and hope to see you again soon!  Big Hug Hugs And Kisses Blowing Kisses 

Diane C.
on 2/13/08 10:43 am - Highland, CA
I have eaten bananas for a long time, but I just started to eat oranges.  I can only eat one small one, I don't dump but sure feel crummy if I eat a large one.  I think with me it's more the acidity than it is the orange.  I tried an apple and didn't feel good on that at all.  Try eating just half an orange or a tangelo or something smaller to start see how it makes you feel. You are doing great Jaime. Love U, Diane
De Anna
on 2/13/08 12:13 pm - Monterey, CA

I love mandarin oranges out of a can, they are very soft and easy to eat; I was eating them as soon as I returned to solid foods.

I did not notice at first that they were in light syrup, though!  Surprisingly I never dumped on them, but I was only eating 1 ounce at a time.

Anyway, I recently bought some mandarin oranges, still in light syrup because that's all I could find, rinsed them really well, then stored them in water overnight, to help draw out the sugar.  It worked, but sadly they did not taste as good!  I sprinkled just a bit of Splenda on them, and then they were awesome!

I've also eaten a slice of a regular orange, and it was fine.

Good luck!

DeAnna   

Most Active