Taco Soup Recipe

tams2u2002
on 2/15/08 1:49 am - Whittier, CA
RNY on 04/07/03 with

Im looking for the Taco Soup Recipe that I have heard everyone rave about. I want to make something different for dinner tonight and thought this would be the perfect thing to make. If you have the recipe could you give it to me, pretty please?

~~Tammy~~

Stephanie O
on 2/15/08 1:59 am, edited 2/15/08 2:03 am - Happy Place, CA
Hi Tami, This is the recipe I use and we just love it.  It's a complete meal in one pot and so easy to make.  You can make it on the stove or in a crock pot.  Or on the stove and then just keep it warm in the crock pot.  Either way, it's yummy. Turkey taco soup. 1 lb ground turkey 1 onion chopped 1 1/2 cups chopped celery 1 pkg taco seasoning 1 15oz can tomato sauce 1 15 oz can chopped tomatoes (petite diced is what I use) 1 1/2 cups water 1 small can chopped green chilis (i use medium heat) 4 16 oz cans beans (you can mix and match kidney,pinto, black beans. 16oz pkg frozen white corn 1 pkg hidden valley ranch dry dressing mix 2 tsp cumin *** i n This will not allow me to type out the seasoning....how stupid is that.  It's not a dirty word OH....it's a spice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1/4 c ketchup ( you will be okay with this it make a full crock pot) brown turkey adding the onions and celery about half way thru browning. one by one add the remaining ingredients. Do NOT drain anything just dump it in. Heat thru. simmer for a while if you like.
tams2u2002
on 2/15/08 2:16 am - Whittier, CA
RNY on 04/07/03 with
Thanks Stephanie! 

~~Tammy~~

Jodi W
on 2/15/08 2:16 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA
Stephanie Hi there I hope this doesn't sound really stupid but what in the world does 2 tsp  *** Oh ok never mind I finished reading it and I guess that's what they put when they don't wan*****ped?  Why would they not let you share the seasoning name. How in the world am I suppose to make this if I don't know what to put in it. My daughter wants to make it.   I have no idea what spice it would be. I cook but the old fashion fatting type stuff and haven't done that in years. I wasn't much of a spice user. It's nice to see you on the board again. Take care and have a wonderful day. Jodi

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

chris R.
on 2/15/08 2:29 am - Antioch, CA
Buttin in hope that is okay        Jodi,  it is 2 tsp of  Cumin- the spice- the OH sensor thinks it is a bad word and is deleting it!    sounds delicious--- Chris
Jodi W
on 2/15/08 2:34 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA
Chris,  it did it to you too, but in the notice that they sent to my inbox i was able to see it was cu ...mi... lol that is so funny how that works.. thank you so much.  I will have to have my daughter try this it sounds good. Have a wonderful day Take care Jodi

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

Stephanie O
on 2/15/08 2:30 am, edited 2/15/08 2:31 am - Happy Place, CA
Let's see if I can spell it wrong if they THEN let me post....geesh Kumin...change the K to a C and you have the seasoning. How freaken stupid is this??????????????????? Stephanie EDIT...Ok I'm trying Again C  you min
Jodi W
on 2/15/08 2:37 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA

Talk about stupid.. your so right Stephine.  I think I go it now,  C    U     M      I     N... BUT IT PROBABLY WON'T SHOW UP THIS WAY EITHER...    THEY HAVE ALSO CUT OFF MY GRANDDAUGHTERS PICTURES ON MY SIGNIATURE.. I WONDER IF THEY THINK THEY ARE BAD TO. OH WELL. TAKE CARE THANK YOU HUGS, JODI

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

Janine J.
on 2/15/08 7:54 pm - The Beautiful Desert, CA
Yeah what is up with the cut out pictures and the astrik thing...since when are we being so heavily sensored, but it is okay to leave posts slamming people? Weird world OH lives in sometimes!!!!

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” –Peace Pilgrim (1908-1981).

Jodi W
on 2/15/08 9:25 pm - SIMI VALLEY, CA

I can't understand why they did that to our grand babies. we will have to find out. Talk about censoring  something and somebody. This is stupid.

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

Most Active