Therapy for food addiction in Fresno??

MyMichelle
on 2/16/08 10:12 am - Fresno, CA
Does anyone know of a good therapist who works on food addictions in the Fresno/Clovis area? I don't have a surgery date yet (waiting on insurance approval), but I want to get started with cognitive therapy to change the way I deal with food. I know this is a HUGE part of making the RNY work, so I want to take care of it. So, anyone use someone in the Fresno/Clovis area? Michelle

mamaharen
on 2/16/08 10:11 pm - Lemoore, CA
Hi Michelle, First of all...who is your doctor?  My friend had Dr. Boone back in December and on Feb 12th I had my surgery with Dr. Higa.  Both are excellent surgeons who practice at ALSA.  I am not sure of cognitive therapy, but they offer once a month support groups that have covered all sorts of topics.  We have the topic of Plastic Surgery this month...and down the line is Food Addiction and Cross Addiction.  They have proven to be GREAT meetings and are open to EVERYONE.  My friend Heather and I share a ride over there once a month and have enjoyed making new friends and seeing their transformations at the same time. Good luck in your search!  Hope this helps. Cheri
Surgery Date: Feb 12, 2008
PreOp 232 * TL- 83 * Current WT 149

GETTING THIN...N...LOVING LIFE!!! 

MyMichelle
on 2/16/08 11:59 pm - Fresno, CA
Hi, Cheri!  Yes, I'm going with the same group, but I'm going to have Dr. Nimeri do my surgery (if I get approved).  I am aware of the support groups, but I didn't realize they were okay for pre-ops, also. Thanks for the heads-up!  :)

mamaharen
on 2/17/08 4:25 am - Lemoore, CA

Yes, I went to the one before my surgery and then the last one was really good on body composition.  I hope to see you there in April since you won't be attending the one in March!   cheri

Surgery Date: Feb 12, 2008
PreOp 232 * TL- 83 * Current WT 149

GETTING THIN...N...LOVING LIFE!!! 

Most Active