5 Years Out and boy......

Gus H.
on 3/30/11 10:42 am - La Puente, CA
....it's no joke. I'll reiterate this...RNY is not the answer.  I can EAT! Let me give you an example, ummmm I can certainly eat a DOUBLE DOUBLE w/ Fries from IN N OUT. 

My highest was 457 lbs and lowest was 180....Today, I'm 209 lbs...Guys, I was re-gaining. I recently lost 30 lbs....I used my tool and yes, it works.

If you don't start from the beginning, chances are that you may regain and not maintain.....Today I'm eating 5 meals a deal and to tell you the truth, it's a challenge....

Gus H.
on 3/30/11 10:45 am - La Puente, CA
....each meal consists of about 300 calories and the challenge is that I STILL LOVE FOOD!!!!

Oh, I exercise 7 times a week....Mon-Fri are my intense cardio days and Sat and Sun are my light  days..........
SUNRAY
on 3/30/11 3:06 pm - Sacramento, CA
Congratulations Gus!  5years is a milestone ^_^  I just reached 2 years...and your posting is another warning and 'heads-up' post that I've seen lately regarding the dreaded regain. Unfortunately, it seems we 'need' the regain..to remind each of us that we were given a 'tool', not a cure, and that we made a committment to learn how to use it.  Your honesty is not only appreciated..it is needed!  Thank you!
Nancy aka Sunray

243.0/213.0/141/130  Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal

newbarb2
on 3/30/11 2:01 pm
Gus,

Congratulations on your 5 years and all you've accomplished during that time.  You really are an inspiration for all of us and your words certainly ring true with me.  I am working hard to lose my re-gain weight and am being reminded that I must use the tool and get back to basics.  I have about 15 lbs to work off and then would like to lose a little more and get to goal.  I know it can be done and I sure do know what I have to do to get there.  Thank you for your meaningful post, it really was exatly what I needed.

Hope you and the family are well and thank you again for posting this.

Hugs,
Barb

bebaugh
on 3/30/11 2:22 pm - Merced, CA
Thank you for the warning. I know at 1 year and 6 months I am starting to have to be careful too.

How is the baby doing?

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

_Nikki_
on 3/30/11 3:48 pm
Mmmmmm double double animal style !! LOL !!

Exactly it's a tool, thank you for the reminder !!
_Nikki_ 

cabin111
on 3/31/11 11:45 am
I hear you Gus!!  Got down below 190 then over 4 years got up to 235.  I then dropped down to 210 and I'm hovering between 210-213...With a lot of exercise just to maintain.  Chips and sugar are my downfall.  What I try to do is fill my pouch up with things like oatmeal and raw vegetables...Just to get that full feeling.  Stuff myself with carrots and cabbage...Go figure.
missrocky
on 3/31/11 4:12 pm - Sherman Oaks, CA
RNY on 02/25/08 with
Thank G-d someone else is going thru this! I thought it was just ME!

Gus,
Hang in there! I've had some weight gain and I've been SO upset about it. I'm going back to basics and hopefully I'll be back on track soon!

You have NO idea how much you've just helped me! I felt SO alone!

Rocky
DSC00052-1.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxx  DSC00008.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxxwls5.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxxHPIM0194-3.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxxzoo2.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxx
The Many Faces of WLS

msblues
on 4/1/11 4:06 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Gus,

You have provided such a good reminder!!! I need to go back to the basics. I've allowed too many simple carbs back in my life. Too many sugar free candies too. I am thinking of doing a 5 day pouch test too. I have to find the willingness to do that.

Take Care,

MsBlues
Most Active