Looking for Plastic Surgeon rec. in So. Ca.

calgal
on 3/29/11 6:28 pm - socal, CA
I did change my insurance to a P.P.O, although, I don't think P.S.will be covered.
I am looking for Plastic Surgeon recommendations in So.Ca.
Please tell me who you used and if you were pleased with the results.
Thanks!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".
Romans 8:28

Dave Chambers
on 3/30/11 11:38 am - Mira Loma, CA
Dr. Batra in southern CA is a good plastic surgeon, and several members of my support groups have used his services. He did over 75 plastic surgeries on wt loss patients last year, and also ends up repairing other plastic surgeries that were done incorrectly. He's been on Oprah a couple of times too.  http://www.coastalplasticsurgeons.com/dr-munish-batra/ is a link to his site. He has a couple of offices the  Del Mar, San Diego areas.  Hope this helps. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

calgal
on 3/30/11 12:51 pm - socal, CA
Thank you, Dave.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".
Romans 8:28

Rockne
on 3/31/11 11:04 pm - South Orange County, CA
Might I suggest you take a look at my surgeon, Dr. Timothy Katzen. Board certification can and should be key, but does not necessarily imply the "necessary skill sets" to address the needed specialization REQURED for the UNIQUE challenges we post-op WLS patients present with reconstructively, and are accomplished in a safe judicious manner. This is not to say he wont be very receptive to your individual needs and tailor them accordingly, but his practice and specialization consisting of above 95 % post WLS patients will address your needs in ways unlikely seen with other board certified practitioners.

Additionally, unlike so many other board certified practitioners, both he and his staff work very hard to see that your insurer might well cover some of what you might be seeking and might be eligible for. 

Please see the following below:

http://www.bodybykatzen.com/

"Dr. Timothy Katzen made plastic surgery after weight loss the entire focus of his practice.  He has performed thousands of post weight loss procedures.  Most of his patients have had bariatric surgery, such as, gastric bypass or lap banding; however, approximately 30% have lost significant weight through diet and exercise alone. We offer the following services:  Circumferential body lift, breast lift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, arm lift (brachioplasty), leg lift, thigh lift, torsoplasty, face lift, neck lift, liposuction, and many more.

Dr. Katzen, a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, is an internationally recognized leader in the field of reconstructive plastic surgery after weight loss.   He has lectured throughout the world on his innovative Powerlift or circumferential bodylift.  He has written and published many articles and book chapters.  He has lectured on radio and the internet about plastic surgery after massive weight loss.  In addition, he has appeared on many television shows and most television networks discussing plastic surgery after massive weight loss.

Dr. Katzen is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
We accept all PPO insurances with authorization.
J. Timothy Katzen, MD
Body By Katzen
9735 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 407
Beverly Hills, CA  90212
 Phone: (888) 528-9360
(310) 859-7770: 
[email protected] "

Unsure what procedures you are seeking, but If I can be of any help please feel free to contact me via PM or here on the forum. I'm an old naval medic who used to first assist on a number of maxillofacial reconstructive procedures.

Good luck on this your quest,

Rockne
Michel Demma
on 4/1/11 3:29 am - Temecula, CA
www.khalilicenter.com

THE BEST!!!

Michel
www.micheldemma.com
Kathie L.
on 4/3/11 1:40 am - Castaic, CA
Dr.Katzen, Dr. Katzen, Dr. Katzen!

Amazing doctor, surgeon, human being.
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Most Active