Moving to the Bay Area...

LadySteeler
on 4/4/11 1:57 pm - Clayton, NC
 I will be movng to the Bay Area in the next little bit.  Does anyone know of support groups in the area?  Thanks for your help!

newbarb2
on 4/4/11 11:26 pm
Good Morning and welcome soon to the Bay Area.

They Bay Area in and of its self is a pretty big place.  Where are you moving to as far as location, North Bay (Marin County/Sonoma County), South Bay (San Jose), Penninsula (SF, San Mateo) or East Bay (Oakland, Concord areas)?  That can help those of us who live in the Bay Are help you.  We have a wonderful group called the Nor Cal Losers who meet once a month for lunch and/or fun outtings and we'd love to have you join us.  This month we're doing Bowling and Pizza!

I live in the East Bay in Concord, and there is an excellent support group there at John Muir Hospital, Concord Campus that meets on the 2nd Sat of each month.

You'll love California, it's a wonderful place to call home!  Welcome.

Barb

LadySteeler
on 4/5/11 11:02 am - Clayton, NC
 I am moving to Oakland... I am not sure what part... but my sister lives in Alameda... so I will be closer to my family!  I am excited... a little scared... I am selling my house... packing up and moving! A year ago, I was WAAAAYYYYY to sick to even consider a move like this... but now... it's time to grab the brass ring!

I can't wait to meet you all!

newbarb2
on 4/5/11 1:24 pm
You're moving to the East Bay.  Alameda is an island right on the San Francisco Bay and is on the edge of Oakland.  I used to work at Alamenda Hospital, it's a quint little town and some fun restaurants and shops too.

You'll be close enough to our Nor Cal Losers luncheon which is held east of Oakland in Concord, about 20 minutes away.  So you will already have friends when you get here, how wonderful is that!!!

Can't wait to meet you.  We'll convert you to a 49er fan yet!  LOL  Just kidding.

Hugs,
Barb

bebaugh
on 4/5/11 2:38 am - Merced, CA
Wow you are making a long move. I live in the Central Valley but I hope to meet you at one of our luncheons. Good luck with the move!

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

LadySteeler
on 4/5/11 11:02 am - Clayton, NC
 Thanks for the well-wishes... I am sure we will meet each other soon!

Shelly C.
on 4/7/11 8:13 am - Alameda, CA
I live in Alameda and had my surgery at Alta Bates/Summit hospital in Oakland. There is a support Group in Oakland 2x a month, one group is for pre/post and the other meeting is for post-op only.

April Support Groups:

April 14 - Oakland Pre-op/Post-op Support Group: Providence Cafeteria - 3100 Summit St.

6:00pm - 7:30pm                                     Oakland, CA 94609

April  9 – Oakland Post-Op Only Support Group:  Bariatric Surgery Program Office – 3100 Summit St.Ste 2600

10:00am-11:30am                                      

Hope to see you at one of the meetings!

Extended Tummy Tuck w lipo/Muscle Repair // BL/Aug // Arm Lift Aug 2012
LadySteeler
on 4/7/11 3:24 pm - Clayton, NC
 Thanks Shelly!  I won't be there in time for the April meetings... but hopefully I'll be there in time for the May or June meetings!  

I can't wait!

MacMadame
on 4/13/11 5:47 am - Northern, CA
There is also a patient-led support group at San Leandro Hospital the 2nd Sat of each month.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active