My niece is having her surgery Saturday

bebaugh
on 4/20/11 1:32 pm - Merced, CA
My niece Michelle is going to have her surgery this Saturday at the Fresno Surgical and Heart Center. Dr. Higa is doing her surgery. He is going to do the DS. He feels this is what will be best for her because of her diabetes being so out of control.

Good Luck Michelle!

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

newbarb2
on 4/20/11 11:10 pm
Elizabeth,

Good thoughts and prayers being sent to Michelle for an uneventful surgery and a very speedy recovery.  Hugs to you too my friend!

Hugs,
Barb

Mommy_AIC
on 4/21/11 1:52 am
Elizabeth
tell her we are moving over on the bench.  I know everything will be great for her I am sure.
D~
r
eached goal ~ its all about maintaining now!
kandis74
on 4/21/11 3:13 am - Bakersfield, CA
I hope Michelle's surgery will be a success. My diabetes is now under control and will be off meds in a few days. I cannot wait. Prayers for her and her family and a peaceful recovery.

Kandis

Kimberly M.
on 4/21/11 3:51 am
Wishing her fast recovery.
loverofcats
on 4/21/11 1:28 pm
Wishing Michelle a speedy and uneventful recovery. Scooting over on the loser's bench. Lots of room left, since all the losers are smaller.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

bebaugh
on 4/22/11 2:33 am - Merced, CA

Thank you for all of your support! I emailed Michelle and told her to look on the Cali Board for all of your supports posts. She is excited and nervous, which we all understand. Her surgery is at 3:00. I know she is going to do great!

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

danas
on 4/22/11 2:49 am - CA

Congrats to your niece! I'm glad her surgeon is giving her the best chance at resolving her diabetes.

Won against big bad (SoCal) Kaiser for a Duodenal Switch  Haven't heard of DS? Kaiser wants it that way. Come on over & read the truth
Hit goal (Normal BMI) on 2-10-11!    I LOVE my DS!!
My approval process timeline:
02/12/09 - Dr. refused to refer me for WLS
03/03/09 - Vented/whined about it on another board, planned to just wait until next year & switch plans
Let's see what happens!  **updates in blog**
weein
on 4/22/11 3:20 am - CA
Elizabeth,

That is so awesome for Michelle. I will be thinking about her. Here's to a speedy recovery!!! Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Eileen

msblues
on 4/22/11 7:01 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Hi Elizabeth,

Good luck to your niece!! Diabetes was one of the main reason I did my WLS. While I wasn't one of the lucky ones to have their diabetes go away right after the surgery or even after 82 pounds of weight loss, I have my diabetes so under control, I only look like a borderline diabetic on paper now!! Tell Michelle even if it doesn't go away, she will proabaly acheive excellent control and that will keep her from having complications for possibly the rest of her life.

I hope she jumps on this forum too. It's been so helpful for me.

MsBlues
Most Active