Question for women

MaryLouise F.
on 5/12/11 4:17 pm - CA
Have you or do you know anyone who has had to have a hysterectomy after having Gastric Bypass? What were the results? You hear alot of stories of women who put weight on after Hysterectomy and I am wondering if this is the same for us who have had a gastric bypass... Thanks for any feed back I may get. =)

MaryLouise
http://www.facebook.com/BlueyedMaryLouise

Living Life
on 5/12/11 10:12 pm - Riverside, CA
Everyone is different, how they feel after a surgery is going to be different. This is something you should talk to your doctor about and even your surgen, They would be best to answer your questions.

MaryLouise F.
on 5/13/11 4:37 pm - CA
Thanks..I have talked with my dr about this.. and she actually said the same.. every one is different.. and that if I felt a little nervous it may be good for me to get feed back from others..so wala.. here I am..  =) Thanks

MaryLouise

Deb B.
on 5/13/11 11:13 am - East Bay Area, CA
Just had mt hysterectimy almost 3 weeks ago.  I will be 2 years post RNY in Sept.  I was told after 3 or 4 days (by a friend) that I would feel great and be up and around.  I felt lied to!  There is a reason the dr. gives you 6-8 wks off.

I actually lost about 9lbs during the last 3 weeks.  I am now 1 lb from my lowest weight.  I am basically at goal....dont wish to lose anymore weight but I did not gain directly after.....

HOpe that helps

Debbie

MaryLouise F.
on 5/13/11 4:41 pm - CA
Thank you so much Deb.. I work in the medical field so yeah I know all about how important it is to give your body time to heal.. so you take care of yourself and heal.. you are only out 3 weeks.. you still need some healing!!

I know having the surgery is gonna help in some ways but then again cause more problems in other ways.. lol.. the price we pay to be women!! ugh.. my hugest concern is weight gain.. I mean I would just be devistated if the weight came right back after the past 3 1/2 years I have worked this tool  I guess only time will really tell!! Thanks Again.. I appreciate your feed back, MaryLouise

MaryLouise

bebaugh
on 5/14/11 3:11 am - Merced, CA
I think recovery depends on how they do the surgery. I noticed your WLS surgery was done in Modesto. I had my hysterectomy in Modesto with Susan Ways. Is she your surgeon? I just love her. She just removed my uterus and went through the vagina instead of cutting through the abdomen, which really did have a quicker recovery. I had my hysterectomy 3 months before I had WLS surgery. Good luck with your surgery and recovery. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

Deb B.
on 5/14/11 5:01 am - East Bay Area, CA
That might be why Elizabeth....they went in both ways with me and they couldn't get one of the ovaries to stop bleeding so they had to take it too. 
My bowels don't wake up right away either so that adds to it. 
D

bebaugh
on 5/14/11 11:25 am - Merced, CA
Boy sounds like you had a rough time, Deb. I have to be honest the worst part of my surgery was my room mate. She kept telling me all her problems and other stuff. I begged Dr. Ways to let me come home one day early just to get away from her! LOL! You know whenever they cut through the abdomen it takes longer to heal. I am glad you are doing better now.

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

MaryLouise F.
on 5/19/11 7:30 pm - CA
No ways is not my dr... I have dr Husein.. I can never spell her name right.. she is good I do like her.. she has done a few other surgeries for me.. Thanks for feed back.. I am not worried about the healing or recovery really.. I am worried about the weight gain..sounds superficial I know but its a scary thing for me to even think ok.. again.. thanks for your feedback.. appreciated!!

MaryLouise

Most Active