ARTHRITIS MEDS

Sheryl in So Cali
on 5/18/11 3:51 am - San Clemente, CA
Has anyone found relief frim Arthritis without NSAIDS?  I am 7 years out and found out they were not kidding about using NSAIDS.  Four days in the hospital and 3 blood transfusions later, I learned my lesson.  My arthritis is back with a vengence with the cold damp weather.  Has anyone got a winning relief for arthritis?

Thanks in advance

Sheryl
Dave Chambers
on 5/18/11 9:15 am - Mira Loma, CA
Although an NSAID, my surgeon recommends Celebrex to patients who have chronic pain issues. It has to be taken shortly after Prilosec to make it safer.  My surgeon spoke about this at a recent support meeting. He stated that Celebrex works a little differently than other NSAIDS, and has found that it can be safely used.  But, I'd discuss this with your surgeon, as stated by my surgeon.  There is also a Votaren topical cream that my wife uses for her bad back, and she is a RNY revision pateint from 2007.  Topical Nsaids won't have very much of the ingredient reach the bloodstream, minimizing the chances of damage.  My wife has also used Celedrin, a topical ointment that is a non NSAID and also gets relief from this product. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

DNAF
on 5/20/11 3:03 am - Burbank, CA
Hi Stranger!!!  So sorry to hear about your health scare.  I can empathize because my arthritis is so bad now.  I have to use my mobility scooter and now am planning on getting two electric stair lifts installed.  Our condo has three stories, ughhhhhhh.  I had a horrible fall down an entire flight of stairs in February and spent three weeks in a nursing home!

I found an advertisement yesterday in the June issue of Better Homes and Gardens and thought of you.  See if you can find a copy.  The medication is called Vimovo.  It's a prescription medicine that says it combines arthritis pain reliever with built-in medication that can help protect from stomach issues common to NSAIDS.  I don't personally know anyone who has used it.  It says you can get your prescription for only $10 a month.  Visit SaveOnVIMOVO.com.  Hope this helps.

Say hello to Judy Ann.  I miss our old gang and remember some good times with you on the cruise and camping.  Things aren't the same here anymore.  Eric did so well on that cruise that we have now gone on six!

Take care!
Debbi

Cheers,
Debbi

mmqc52
on 7/27/11 10:29 am, edited 7/27/11 10:29 am - CA
 My surgeon says that the Voltaren (or Diclofenac generic) cream or gel is ok to use.  It's been a real help.  He also says I can get a shot of Toradol occasionally.  So far, so good.

Most Active