Northern CA Tummy Tuck?

onechunkymonkey
on 6/8/11 1:11 am - Novato, CA

I had RNY on 5/7/2008 - Start weight 227.5  - lowest weight 139  -  current weight 165.  I am interested in getting a tummy tuck to get rid of all the excess skin I have, After having a C-Section in 2002 I have no feeling below my belly button. I really want to get back in shape but have issues with my stomach. Does anyone know what cost is for a Tummy Tuck in Northern CA is? At least a ball park?  I live in Marin County & have Kaiser. I can have it done at a Kaiser hospital but I am seriously considering going elsewhere.

I have gained some of my weight back because I am on medications that cause sugar cravings from hell! I am starting to get back in control & have lost 6 lbs. so far. I want to be able to exercise but the stomach I have now jiggles wayyyy too much & makes it nearly impossible to wear any exercise clothes, including sweats. It looks disgusting!!!

Any comments or answers are much appreciated! THANK YOU ALL!!!

~ Live life to it's fullest & inspire everyone ~

Dave Chambers
on 6/8/11 9:24 am - Mira Loma, CA

I have Kaiser in southern CA.  They will only do a panni, where the loose skin is lopped off, and you may not have a belly button post op.  It's not pretty, and is only done if you have documented issues with rashes or infections from the lose skin. A tummy tuck is where the abdominal muscles are sutured back into place and this surgery looks far better. One surgeon locally, a Dr. Batra, works with Kaiser to help reduce the tummy tuck cost by reducing his fees by the cost of Kaiser's cost of operating room, anesthesia, etc. This saves you aroung 20-25% of the $8000 approximate fee for a tummy tuck.  This surgeon has people fly in from all over the US (and other countries) for his services. He is a board certified plastic surgeon. Several post ops in my support groups have used him form tummy tucks, breast reductions or augmentation, breast lifts, arm or thigh skin surgery.  He is well experienced in working with wt loss surgery post ops, who tend to have thinner skin due to being overweight for an extended period of time.  I know he's not local to you, but he's the best surgeon I know of.  He's been on Oprah's show multiple times and does many free surgeries on severe deformities on kids in other countries.  Very humble surgeon, and will probably give you the best advice on would be best for you. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

onechunkymonkey
on 6/9/11 12:53 am - Novato, CA

Dave - Thank you so much for posting a reply. I know that the panni removal is not an option for me. I haven't got enough skin for Kaiser to approve it. I wouldn't want that anyways. I know that I have at least 15lbs of tummy that needs to be removed, not including contouring with lipo.I will look into Dr. Batra. Thanks for the advice. I am really interested in having Kaiser do the surgery since I have had several complications after previous surgeries. I have been a Kaiser member since the day I was born. They have all my records which makes me feel a little more comfortable.

Thanks again for your input!

Sara

~ Live life to it's fullest & inspire everyone ~

Most Active