I am 35 pregnant and had I've had the Gastric Bypass and a T.T.

A.Mason
on 8/19/11 9:07 pm - Lawton, OK
I am 35 pregnant and had I've had the Gastric Bypass and a T.T. my OB/GYN says that its not safe for me to be pregnant but I don't agree. Is that true what he is saying?
weein
on 8/20/11 2:01 am - CA
Hi. I don't have any answers for you, but you might try checking out the pregnancy forum. I'm sure you will be able to find out more there. I can't see why it wouldn't be safe for you to have a baby. I have heard of women having babies  and they are just a year out, and everything went fine. Good luck to you. How exciting!!!

Eileen

MacMadame
on 8/20/11 5:14 am - Northern, CA
If  your OB/Gyn is saying it's not safe because you had bypass, then find one who isn't a moron.  If there is some other reason in your medical history that you are a high risk pregnancy, then that's different.

For bypass, you do have to be very careful about taking your supplements and keeping up with your labs. But otherwise, there is no issue. It takes about an extra 200 calories a day to support a pregancy and that's easy enough to do. Just have an extra protein shake or a handful of nuts and you are there.

People with bypass get pregnant all the time and are fine as long as they are taking their vitamins and watching their nutrition.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

acbbrown
on 8/21/11 4:20 am - Granada Hills, CA
I had a friend get preg after a TT and she said it's very painful when the skin stretches - but doesn't seem like there's anything that's "not safe" about it.

What exactly was her reasoning? If she didn't give you one and just said "its not safe"  then ask for more info as to why or get a new OB/GYN.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active