DMHC Law on Plastic Reconstruction after WLS

Papoose79
on 10/24/11 2:27 pm - Horn Lake, MS

Questions anybody familiar with the California Plastic Surgery Reconstruction Law? I am trying to do as much research as possible.

Ok....I am super excited!! My PCP says he will give me the needed referral to see a plastic surgeon!!! I know this doesn't mean that I will be approved for plastic but it means I am on my way!!!!! I told him my body looks like a 72 year old and that it's due to health disease/deformity of obesity. He said I don't mind considering your body has been thru major changes with weight loss! Wish me luck cause I am in there!!

Thank you

HW: 284 SW: 273 1st Goal: 200 2nd Goal (PCP): 150 Surgeon's goal 140                          
Marcia B.
on 10/26/11 10:04 am - CA
I googled that law and the only thing I could find was regarding breast surgery for people who have had breast cancer.  I would call and ask someone.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Monica P.
on 10/28/11 9:00 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

(an oldie but goodie from OH past)

I had to make an appeal to my insurance company to get my lower body lift covered and I won. (This was over 2 years ago) I had to prove FUNCTIONAL IMPAIRMENT. If the extra skin is causing rashes, discomfort, covering your pelvic area, or causing some other problem you might have a good chance. Your surgeon or your doctor will need to prepare a letter stating that the procedure has MEDICAL NECESSITY.

Good luck!!!  

Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Jaime C.
on 11/8/11 5:22 am - Pacific Grove, CA
RNY on 08/03/07 with
Monica! Hi. How the heck are you?
Jaime C.

MacMadame
on 10/28/11 12:35 pm - Northern, CA
I believe that's the law that Diane Cox used to get her insurance company to pay for her PS. She actually got the DMHC to agree with her! But her insurance company is still fighting it.

Anyway, my point is that the landscape is changing here in CA so you may be able to get your PS paid for soon even if it wasn't before.

Definitely contact Diane to discuss it. She's trying to get cases together for a class action case.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Rockne
on 10/31/11 2:45 am - South Orange County, CA
You might wish to avail yourself of my post above. More info available upon request.

Rock

Most Active