Possible ulcer?

onechunkymonkey
on 4/30/12 12:31 am - Novato, CA

I am 4 years out of RNY - Went to bed last night with some pain in my left upper side, under ribs.

Today, the pain is constant. Feels similar to an air bubble being stuck but more constant.  What are the symptoms of an ulcer? 

SIDE NOTE - I had my heart checked several times a few months ago because I kept getting pain in my chest, right where my heart is. Ticker is PERFECT thank God!  Could this be symptom of ulcer as well?

~ Live life to it's fullest & inspire everyone ~

Dave Chambers
on 4/30/12 11:56 pm - Mira Loma, CA
From listening to a few who have spoken about ulcers, they state the pain is more than minor.  Blood in stool is another BIG SIGNAL of an ulcer.  It doesn't sound logical for pain in the heart area to be signals of an ulcer.  GUT pain and bright red toile****er or darker red stool would warrant a call to your surgeon, and/or a trip to the ER to check for an ulcer. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

onechunkymonkey
on 5/1/12 12:56 am - Novato, CA
Thanks Dave. I spoke with my PCP & she said to try antacid to see if it goes away. So far, so good. Thank you for reply! :-D

~ Live life to it's fullest & inspire everyone ~

Most Active