Howdy, Cali Board!

G. Daddy
on 5/2/12 11:08 am - San Gabriel, CA
Hi all y'all!

I'm coming up on my 7 year surgiversary this Saturday (5/5) and was thinking today about how helpful friends from this board were the year before my surgery and long after - wow!

I got sloppy with taking care of myself after about 3 years - put on a few pounds but am still down almost 100lbs. I went to the doctor today for a follow up for some stuff I went through last year and he told me to get back on the vitamin train - apparently I had stopped taking most of my vit's a while back (like 3 years?) and my labs are showing some issues... so with that I guess it might be time to try to re-focus on my health some.

I got back to running this year and did the LA Marathon and the Hollywood Half Marathon - later this month I'll do the Pasadena Half and a trail half-marathon in June. The only problem with running is 1. it makes me want/need more food; and 2. makes me feel/believe that I can eat whatever I want without reprecussion. Wrong - my weight gain started when in my first couple of marathons back in 2007.

Needless to say, I'm now working on re-learning to eat correctly - foods and portions. I was never great with this stuff anyway, but I'm working on it now.

Anyway - I'm going to try to check in here a couple of times a week - I tend to just lurk.

C h e e r s,
Gene

RNY 05/05 280/155/225

Linda B.
on 5/5/12 3:13 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
Hi Gene, It is good that you want to get back on track. I'm still pre-op, DH had VSG 12/11. Finding OH has been so helpful to both of us. Folks here are supportive and helpful. Lurk away
onechunkymonkey
on 5/7/12 2:14 am - Novato, CA
CONGRATS = Today is my 4 year anniversary for my RNY. I too have fallen off track with food & vitamins. It just got easier to not take them. Now I have iron infusions every 6 months or so. I give my self B12 injections every month. My calcium appears to be fine but its hard to really tell.  The portion sizes are still relatively small for me. Not as tiny as they should be. I get in trouble with choices. I hate protein! lol - I grab the "quick fix" for hunger. It usually makes my sugar drop after 20 minutes. It sucks. I am starting to get back on track & pay attention to the rules I was given 4 years ago. I have about 20 lbs I need to still get off. I have gotten all the way down to 139 but found myself balloon up to 175 after I was withdrawing off medication. Now I am off of all the meds & started to lose again. I am at 150.6 today. I hope to be at 135 soon...  Just keep coming and posting on the boards. A little encouragement goes a long way!

~ Live life to it's fullest & inspire everyone ~

G. Daddy
on 5/7/12 5:34 am - San Gabriel, CA
Thank you both for the support and encouragement. I'm still going day-by-day, but am working on improving my ways so my body can do it's thing!

Gene

RNY 05/05 280/155/225

Most Active