Highest 457 lbs
Lowest 180 lbs
Today 200 lbs
RNY Reversed May 2011
Monica P.
on 7/30/12 5:08 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
No one remembers us oldies.
Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Kirsten :-)
on 7/30/12 2:15 pm - Agoura Hills, CA
 Who you callin old??????  You my dear are the soon to be old married woman!!!!!
Kirsten :-)
on 7/30/12 5:13 am - Agoura Hills, CA
 ok......i've got mt popcorn.  i am ready.
ladodgergirl
on 7/30/12 5:15 am - South El Monte, CA
 why do i totally want to eat some Thin Mints?  good thing Girl Scout cookie sales are not in season! 

Kevin A.
on 7/30/12 6:23 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with

O
>
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Monica P.
on 7/30/12 7:02 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
You missed the icons, huh?
Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."

Deb B.
on 7/30/12 4:12 pm, edited 7/30/12 4:13 pm - East Bay Area, CA
We need all the oldies but goodies back here! 
I admit falling away from the site when I felt like I was finally freed from my fat prison cell and hearing one more "how can I take all these vitamins" questions might send me ove the edge was my justification , however...that was a dumb thing to do.  We all need people who have been there. 

I'm almost 3 years out.
I have gained approx 17 lbs from my lowest...I'm back.  

Good to see all your faces again and would love to hear updates.  Glad to see you doing well Gus!

Gus H.
on 7/31/12 12:41 am - La Puente, CA
Yes, we all go through our ups and downs. I learned that the RNY was not the easy way out. I was after the "honeymoon" stage was over.

Google intestinal adaptation with RNY patients. It's very interested to learn that the remaining  intestine that  was not bypassed begins to compensate and absorb the additional calories to compensate what it lost.

It's good to be on the site again.
Monica P.
on 8/1/12 1:47 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

Did you know that we are all more than the number of pounds reflected on a scale? Since surgery in 2007 I not only lost a lot of pounds and gained some back, I have also traveled the world, completed half marathons, made memories with friends, got rid of a few so-called friends, fell in love, moved and changed jobs. 

All things that were possible because I'm a healthier weight and can't be measured in pounds. 

Most Active