Anthem Blue Cross - does anyone know?

Yvonne McCarthy
on 4/9/15 5:15 am - Plano, TX

Would anyone know of anyone who was approved through Anthem Blue Cross without having to wait 6 months on a medically supervised diet?  I sure would appreciate your help!

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/15 1:03 pm

I have Blue Cross (ppo), I was approved the first month. I only had one medical condition that would benefit from the surgery. I think this is why my process was faster. I had my consultation, nutrition class, psychologist interview all in a month time period. At my preop I had only lost 5 pounds, I was not supervised at all. the medical group helped me with all the process.

Jamie L.
on 4/20/15 7:50 am - Grover Beach, CA
VSG on 06/02/14

I have blue cross PPO and went to Dr Thoman in Santa Barbara.  I had my surgery within three months of my first contact with the Dr.  I only had to lose 10% of the weight I needed to lose (about 11 lbs) before surgery, that took me about 30 days. and two weeks later I had my surgery. His office was very good at working with my insurance and Cottage Hospital was a WONDERFUL place for the surgery. Everything there was TOP NOTCH!

Yvonne McCarthy
on 4/30/15 1:22 am - Plano, TX

Thank you Jamie!

Open RNY 3/30/01  260lbs - 130lbs Yvonne McCarthy, CLC. Health & Wellness Coach (full time volunteer). I am happy to help if I can. Visit www.bariatricgirl.com and see the Bariatric Girl blog!  Also check out my Facebook Bariatric Girl Page Photography site www.yvonnemccarthy.com     .„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Yvonne McCarthy
on 4/30/15 1:21 am - Plano, TX

Thank you!

Lescher12
on 3/18/16 4:28 pm

I have this same question about the 6 month waiting period on a supervised diet. I spoke with Dr Thoman's office today and they told me I would need the 6 months :(. How did you get around it?

Thanks 

Bonroxie19
on 6/11/15 8:47 pm

I have PPO was approved in 2 weeks

Bonnie RNY 2/11/15 by Dr. Takahaski

5'3" SW 230 pounds, GW per Dr. Takahaski 150 pounds, CW 132 pounds (10/1/17)

BMI 19% Bod Pod test 1/29/17 13.1 mile half marathon, 1 hour 59 mins (8/21/2017)

loops
on 7/4/15 7:52 am - CA
loops
on 7/4/15 8:59 am - CA

I was approved with Anthem Blue Cross (HMO) twice.  In 2008 I didn't have a supervised diet with Saint Jude.  It was 1 nutrition class, an information class, a support group session, a psychological evaluation and doctor's talk.  Everything was completed in a month, however the entire process took about 6 months due to wait time on getting doctor appointments and approvals..

2015 I am going through a revision sort of speak.  Lap-band was removed in 2013 and I'm having surgery for RNY next month.  I still have Anthem Blue Cross but under Bright Medical.  I had to do a total of 18 nutritional classes, a psychological evaluation and doctor's talk.  All that was completed in 3 months because they allowed us to take the classes concurrently.  The process is still taking 8 months due to wait time on doctor appointments and approvals.

Most Active