South Sacramento bariatric program/medi-cal question

KatieMcFadden31
on 4/17/15 3:04 pm

Hello everyone! Newbie here! I have a quick question for anyone that has went through South Sacramento bariatric program that has Medi-Cal.. I got full coverage Medi-Cal in November of last year and got Kaiser in November as well. I have orientation on the 21st of this month and was wondering if my coverage will cover the full surgery or if I have to pay anything out-of-pocket. I never pay co-pays for appointments or pharmacy I was just wondering if that goes for surgery as well .If anyone is in my shoes or has gone through the same thing I'm going through can you please give some feedback? Thank you!

larra
on 4/18/15 3:24 am - bay area, CA

You should have been given info about your benefits - what is covered, what isn't, co-pays, etc.

If not, or if you can't find it, you can call Health Plan and they should be able to answer this question for you.

Larra

Jamie L.
on 4/22/15 9:31 am - Grover Beach, CA
VSG on 06/02/14

My husband had his surgery through Kaiser and they covered EVERYTHING!

VSG with Dr. David Thoman on 6/02/2014, Age 54, Height 5'7",  Highest Weight 280,  Pre-Surgery Weight 240, Current Weight 152.8 (4/20/2015)  Next Goal 140 | Total Weight Lost 87 lbs.

Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels!!!

KatieMcFadden916
on 4/28/15 2:22 pm

Thanks for your reply! I gave them a call to check my coverage and you're right they cover EVERYTHING! So relieved! WHEW! ;)

sor09
on 7/24/15 7:27 pm

Do you have a list to see what co pays you do have? You can call customer services to double check, but sounds like you're ok. I got Kaiser via work and the co-pay was for the hospital room usage only; $100.00 and that was it. I paid for my exit meds at regular co pay of $10.00 each prescription. That's all... Best wishes and good luck too.

Most Active