General Practioner who supports bariatric surgery in the Inland Empire

D. Scott
on 8/19/16 5:55 pm
RNY with

Ok so I had Sleeve surgery done in 2012. My surgeon was in Burbank (about 90 miles from my home one direction) My employers switched insurance shortly after my sleeve surgery so I did not have much aftercare post surgery. In hindsight I started having difficulties almost immediately (I believe I may have had a hiatial hernia) but now I am definitely having some difficulties with my pyloric valve, 3 hernias (confirmed through CT Scan) and weight gain. Id like to troubleshoot these issues with my surgeon or ideally a surgeon closer to home. My current PCP is anti weightloss surgery so he referred me to a general surgeon but despite the fact that I have already had sleeve surgery he refuses to refer me to back a bariatric surgeon to discuss my concerns as they relate to my sleeve, the pyloric valve and hernias. I was hoping to find a local doctor who is at least willing to refer me back to a bariatric surgeon to consult on my troubles, since I am HMO I can not self refer. At the bare minimum I need to switch doctors as my current primary refuses to even read me the full results of my CT scan and berates me for gaining 8lbs in 4 months (really not exagerrating this). If anyone can recommend a general practioner that wouldnt block me from consulting with a doctor experienced with sleeve to have these other concerns addressed I would really appreciate the info. 

Thanks in advance

Sarah

larra
on 8/20/16 10:19 am - bay area, CA

Sarah, I am very sorry you are going through all this. I don't know any pcp's in your area, and I doubt you will get any specific names here. All I can suggest is that you contact your HMO and request a new pcp. You may get a supportive one, you may not. If not, request another, and just keep trying until you find one who will address your problems and not demean you for having been MO and for trying your best to do something about it.

More suggestions in a pm.

Larra

D. Scott
on 8/20/16 10:54 am
RNY with

Thank You so much Larra!

shanrock55
on 9/29/16 7:39 am
FobiPouch on 12/15/16

My PCP is Alya Torna MD in Rancho Cucamonga. She has been very supportive and I am now doing pre op clearances for my surgery.  

Most Active