UCLA, SCRIPPS, LOMA LINDA OR ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATION

SRB2011
on 11/11/16 12:31 am

HELLO-

HEADING TO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA... LOOKING FOR A HOSPITAL/SURGEON.

I HAVE READ SEVERAL REVIEWS ETC. BUT THE MORE I READ THE MORE CONFUSED I BECOME.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

larra
on 11/11/16 12:16 pm - bay area, CA

I read your post from a few years back about gaining weight even on 800 cal/day since your thyroid gland was removed. I also read that you are interested in VSG.

Of course it may be good to get your entire metabolism checked out if you haven't already, but bottom line, if you are unable to lose, and even gaining, on so few calories, any operation without metabolic changes and malabsorption isn't going to help you. The sleeve works via restriction. The only metabolic change it provides is lower levels of ghrelin, which may help you to be less hungry but doesn't directly contribute to weight loss.

So, I would recommend that you research and strongly consider the duodenal switch (DS). The DS works via a combination of moderate restriction (the sleeve is part of the DS) along with significant malabsorption and metabolic changes that aid with permanent weight loss. It has the best statistics of any bariatric surgery for percentage excess weight loss, for maintaining that weight loss, and for resolution of almost all comorbidities. And since you asked about a surgeon in SoCal, I would recommend Dr. Ara Keshishian in Glendale, who is a very experienced DS surgeon with an excellent reputation.

Larra

Snoopybaby
on 12/25/16 12:02 pm

Check out olde del Mar surgical  Dr bhoyrul 

He is la Jolla  which is in San Diego  he does his surgeries out of Scripps la Jolla

Scripps la Jolla is a fantastic hospital was admitted there for asthma flare 

I am using him for my vsg

I have 13 other surgeries I checked him out saw him in November see him again next month expected surgery is in February  and to boot I am a nurse 

I trust this doctor 

Teresa

Most Active