Support Groups in the Inland Empire

r.l.cerna
on 1/18/17 12:48 pm
VSG on 05/18/15

Hi!

Does anyone know of support groups in the Inland Empire? I'm in Temecula.

Thanks!

Eggface
on 1/18/17 7:43 pm, edited 1/18/17 11:44 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Hi I'm in Temecula too. 

Some of the ones I am aware of: 

http://surgical-hospital.lomalindahealth.org/metabolic-and-b ariatric-surgery/bariatric-program-support-groups 

https://suhbariatric.com/event/murrieta-support-group-2/?ins tance_id=1674 

http://www.pacificbariatric.com/bariatric-surgery-support-gr oups#riverside 

I don't attend any of these regularly but I have spoken at a couple. I've done informal meet ups locally and some organized events in the past but know mostly just travel to the YWMConvention.com each year as my major for of support and post-op education (it's awesome)

~Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

r.l.cerna
on 1/18/17 9:19 pm
VSG on 05/18/15

Hi, Shelly!

I've had your blog bookmakrked since before my surgery and am trying some of the recipes. I feel a little star struck. :)

I'm new to Temecula, we moved here from Corona in August. My surgery was done at UC Irvine, but that's just too far to travel now.

I've been slowly sliding off the wagon since May. I had surgery on my wrist and elbow, my daughter dislocated my knee, I was sick with the flu for a month, we moved, I fell and severely bruised my tailbone (which took four months to not have daily pain), and then I fell and dislocated a finger. So, hopefully I'm done falling for a bit (I swear my husband doesn't belong in jail, I am just seriously clumsy), because I'm looking forward to walking.

Eating wise, I had it together until my bruised tailbone, when I also was severely exhausted because of a B12 deficiency, so we were doing lots of prepared store meals and takeout.

I've got 20-25 pounds for my doctor's goal, which would be a total of 145 pounds lost. I'd really like to get down to 160, which is 20-25 pounds over my doctor's goal.

I know you travel a lot, but would you be willing to meet for coffee sometime?

Thanks for the links. I will check them out. I've not done too many support groups, as I'm kind of shy in crowds.

All the best from a big fan,

Rachel

Eggface
on 1/19/17 5:04 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww absolutely would love to meet up for coffee... it's a crazy couple of weeks coming up but Feb. for sure. [email protected] 

I wonder how many Temecula, Murrieta folks are around maybe we can plan a couple of get togethers, protein swaps, whatevers, a year.

Oh and you know the falling thing... not uncommon... our balance is off post wls. Yoga helped me finally and get new sneakers if you haven't... as we lose the way we wore shoes changes. 

Talk soon!! 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

r.l.cerna
on 1/19/17 5:14 pm
VSG on 05/18/15

Hi!

I have gotten new shoes. I have a connective tissue "issue" (that's how I think of it) that makes all my ligaments and tendons loose. So, that contributes, too. And, as a result, all my muscles overcompensate and are tight. Any yoga DVDs or businesses/classes you recommend?

I will shoot you an email after my daughter goes to bed, so it'll be quiet and I can think.

I don't know of any WLS people here, but I'm just meeting people. My daughter still goes to preschool in Corona, so we haven't established school friends here, yet.

Have a good night!

Rachel

Most Active