Recent Posts

Luvnall3
on 6/18/19 6:35 pm
Topic: New to this forum. Question about UCLA or Cedars-Sinai.

Hello. I am Stephanie. It has been suggested that I look into having a revision from my gastric sleeve to a bypass. I have severe acid reflux I have suffered with for 6 years. My insurance doesn't cover any doctors in my town. So they keep referring me to Los Angeles. It is about 2 hours from me. My primary doctor is concerned about Barrett's esophagus, due to the acid and needs me to see a bariatric surgeon for this. Since this is a California forum, I figured I may get more answers here than on the revision forum. Anyways,

My question is regarding if any have went to or had your surgery with any of the doctors from UCLA weight loss center? Dr. Dutson and Dr. Chen are 2 on my plan. How was your experience? Anything you can tell me is helpful.

Then another option is Cedars-Sinai weight loss center. There I have Dr. Cunneen and Dr. Burch under my plan. If you have visited or had your surgery here, how was your experience? Again anything is helpful!

I appreciate the feedback. I need to choose someone quick per my primary doc.

Thank you for your help.

~Stephanie

LessofRaven
on 6/12/19 3:45 pm - San Jose , CA
VSG on 09/24/14
Topic: Insurance Wait Times

hi i just started the process to get the Gastric Bypass in Southern California. I have Blue Shield PPO and i was wondering if anyone knew the wait time currently.

Sleeved! 9/24/2014 by Dr. Bhoyrul  SW: 265  CW:253

First Goal 10% (238.5) , Second Goal 25% (198.5), Finish line (150)  

Kathy S.
on 3/4/19 8:34 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: Tick Tock - the clock is winding down for the early bird special!

Time is flying by and we want to be sure you don't miss the Early Bird Ticket Sale! Stop by and snag your tickets before this expires on May 31, 2019! Let's make this the biggest OH conference EVER!

ObesityHelp National Conference 2019 Ticket Purchase

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

tabilicious
on 2/28/19 4:34 pm - phelan, ca
Topic: RE: does California public aid pay for surgery?

how do i go about speaking to a dr. or which dr did u go to i live near victorville

Kathy S.
on 12/21/18 5:13 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
Topic: Gift yourself or a friend an Early Bird ticket to the 2019 ObesityHelp National Conference!

For those that have been asking when the Early Bird Sale will start, we've launched it today, just in time for the Holidays. With the Early Bird Sale, you save $20 off the price of admission!

Gift yourself or a friend an Early Bird ticket to the 2019 ObesityHelp National Conference! It will be a cherished gift of support, education, and friendship. Wishing you all a happy and healthy holiday!

https://www.obesityhelp.com/events/tickets

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

LUVROSE4U
on 10/7/18 3:05 am - fort oglethorpe, GA
Topic: REGAIN

hi everyone it's been a very long time since I have been on here. I had rny in 2006 and lost al y weight but regained back to 200 , I need support on how to get back on track , not happy at all and mad at my self

sumaire
on 4/26/18 8:14 am
Topic: SoCal Bariatric Folk?

Looking for other SoCal bariatric folks in and around the Greater Los Angeles area who might be looking to get together to discuss our respective journeys.

I'm usually in the downtown Los Angeles area Monday through Friday, if anyone wants to meet during the daytime hours in a public place. :)

Roux en Y on 10/27/2016

HW 300 SW 284 CW 158 (4-26-2018)

sumaire
on 4/26/18 8:10 am
Topic: RE: LA Care - Medi Cal HELP!, Los Angeles Area

Anthem Blue Cross with AltaMed as the medical group for them was the winning combination for me.

Roux en Y on 10/27/2016

HW 300 SW 284 CW 158 (4-26-2018)

Member Services
on 4/19/18 12:01 pm - Irvine, CA
Topic: #OH2018 Sessions and Speakers Announcement

OH2018 Friday Sessions & Speakers!

Announcing the OH2018 Friday Sessions & Speakers We are thrilled to announce the OH2018 Friday Sessions & Speakers! Whether you're new to the ObesityHelp National Conferences or a repeat attendee, there will be sessions and activities right up your alley. We're kicking off Friday morning...

ginabob1
on 1/17/18 12:03 pm - Modesto, CA
Topic: Salt

I am 9 years out and just ate three homemade turkey meatballs(I didn't Make them) and they were extremely salty. I didn't want to hurt the cook's feeling so I ate them. Now I am sick to my stomach. Can you dump on salt or do I need to look at something else that can be causing it?