Where are all the Colorado folk?

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/12 3:42 pm - CO
 I am having VSG on 10/22 and would love to hear from others. I live in the Littleton area and know even email buddies would be some support. I do have mandatory support group through my insurance but would still like to hear from others. I know this is a "fit" state but I am surprised no one posts here. Love to hear from someone. 
caligirl2829
on 10/11/12 5:31 pm - Aurora, CO
VSG on 10/16/12
Hi,
I'm in Aurora and I'm getting sleeved this Tuesday 10-16 at Parker Adventist Hospital. I have a couple different support groups that I attend too, but the more support in this journey the better! Let me know if  I can help in any way. You can also reach me faster thru email @ [email protected].
Best wishes on your surgery & I'll let you know how mine goes when I get out!

God bless!    

Deb 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/12 11:34 am - CO
 Hi Caligirl
   Thanks for your reply. I live in the Littleton area so Aurora is a bit of a trek for me. I would love to keep in touch though. Every person that we can talk to for support and information on this adventure is a plus. Let me know how your surgery goes and Good Luck and speedy recovery to you.

Nadurra Deb
on 10/12/12 9:07 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I live in Elizabeth, CO. I had a VSG on August 6, 2012 with Dr Metz at Parker Adventist. Who is your surgeon? There is a great support group that meets at Parker Adventist. I think the next meeting is on Oct 18. Good luck with your surgery. There are a lot of us in CO. There are generally at least 20 people that come to the support group meetings...pre-op, post-op and all surgery types.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/12 11:43 am - CO
 Hi Nadurra Deb
   It is good to hear that there are some of us in the state of CO. I live in the Littleton area. My surgeon is Dr Husain. I will be having my surgery at St. Joes in Denver. Two of my children where in a HS marching band competition in Elizabeth about a week ago. I really like it there. I have noticed your postings on the VSG board; cute dog. We have two dogs and if my children had their way we would probably have about a dozen. Thank you for replying and let me know how you are progressing. It is nice to have people to talk to and compare notes with. 
Nadurra Deb
on 10/14/12 1:35 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I didn't know there was a marching band competition here. I live about 5 minutes from the high school. My daughters are into gymnastics. My oldest daughter is on the high school gymnastics team. That has been keeping us busy since school started. My husband grew up in Littleton. He went to Heritage HS. I do love dogs. Gimli is the name of the one in the picture...my all time favorite dog even...he is gone but I have 2 of his babies. I also have their mom too. I have 3 poms and one border collie mix rescue. It's good to meet others in CO.

Good luck with your surgery. We should definitely keep in touch.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

hello_knitty
on 10/28/12 12:46 am - CO
VSG on 05/15/12
Hi! I'm in Superior. I had VSG on 5/15/12 with Dr. Chae. As of today I am down 103 pounds. It is the best decision I have made - only wish I had done it sooner! I have Kaiser and go to support group meetings once per month. The meetings have been great and are really helpful so I definitely recommend attending if it's something that is offered for you. Looks like you should be 6 days post-op today. Let us know how you're doing!
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/12 2:43 pm - CO

Hi Knitty

Just plugging along since surgery had a dry heaves issue that kept in the hospital till 10/25. Good to be home. My first support meeting isn't until December. Highlands Ranch is the closest to me. I had been scheduled for one in Nov. but it was canceled. I have found the OH to be a great resource and support. I too have Kaiser but had Dr. Husain; she is great! Keep in touch I am so happy to see how great you have done. Any pointers?

csutter
on 10/29/12 2:49 am

Hi, new to this blog. I am scared silly about the upcoming surgery and how it is going to change my life. I do not have the surgery scheduled yet -- waiting on one last piece of data for the insurance/bariatric surgeon. Love to keep in touch. Love the support as well.

Cheryl

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/12 2:52 pm - CO

Hi Cheryl

This is my first time back on this site since surgery. I am still in the early recovery stages so..... I have found the OH site to be an excellent source of information and "real" human chatter on everything relating to this process. Use it there are a ton of very knowledgeable people on this site. Good luck in your journey and yes keep me posted. I am finding that the more support you have the better.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4613 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5618 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5858 views