My poor friend

Louise C.
on 5/16/03 2:04 am - New Milford, CT
Originally I had started out with Dr. Zucalla and found that he and his staff did not perfomr up to my standards. In fact, I had some real concerns for myself if I continued with him. I changed surgeons to Dr. Floch and could not be happier! I had my surgery 3 weeks ago and am doing great! My friend Eileen however is still with Dr. Zucalla and she is so frustrated. SHe has been promised that they would give her a suregry date and they keep blowing her off. I just shake my head because I know the issues and problems that she is having with his office because I lived it. I wish I knew what to say to her (other then "your surgeon is a JERK"). Any ideas? Best,
Gala B.
on 5/16/03 1:56 pm - ct
Hi! I had a freind who had her surgery with him. She died from complications. He nicked her spleen, liver and bowel. She went through hell for 4 weeks before she died. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to him. Please talk to your friend and encourage her to see someone else. Gala
LMCLILLY
on 5/22/03 2:51 am - Central, CT
Hi Guys. I wanted to take a minute to post a reply to this comment. I know I'm a little late, but I hope that some people will see it. I feel very strongly about it, so please understand my rambling. I am truly scared for some of the 'newbies' out ther that are researching surgery or waiting for surgery right now in CT. 18 months ago, when I began my journey here, there were three- count them- THREE- bariatric surgeons listed on this site who were expereinced and knowledgeable. As of today- I counted somewhere in the neighborhood of 18. Excuse me? Where did all these doctors come from? We all know that there is only ONE explanation for that. Some of theese doctors are simply not qualified to perform gastric bypass, lap banding and other WLS surguries. Did these doctors suddenly magically become experienced qualified surgeons? NO! They are jumping on the bandwagon because they see profit in it. It is YOUR JOB to CAREFULLY (and I do mean carefully and thoroughly) check out the surgeon you are selecting. There are surgeons listed here that I wouldn't trust with my dog's life, never mind MY life. I chose Dr. Jonathan Aranow after carefully and thoroughly checking him out -both formally with him personally and through the state and informally with patients past and present. I also visited two other surgeons and disqualified them for one reason or another in my decision making process. Dr. Aranow lost a patient while I was waiting for surgery, and you know what, I felt so comfortable in the research I had done, that it didn't matter to me, because I KNEW him and his skill. Now, I know the agony of obesity. I know that I would have done almost anything to have surgery. I know that waiting after you have made up your mind is torture. BUt, I also know that accepting a surgeon because he seems fine or has a short wiatitng list or get's you through the process quickly or promises you approval, or tells you 'everything will be all right' or any other of a host of reasons that we may talk our selves into is WRONG to do to yourself. So, it would be my advice to you that if you like your friend and you really don't want to loose her- have a serious heart to heart with her and tell her honestly what your concerns are. Don't beat around the bush, don't be coy. How would you feel if something happened to her? By the way- Dr. Zucalla is new to the CT list, just as an FYI. If anyone wants to talk about qualifying a surgeon or debate with me about my opinion- please feel free to email me. BUT, FOR GOD"S SAKE- DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU CHOOSE A SURGEON
Louise C.
on 5/23/03 3:22 am - New Milford, CT
I think there is great advice here. As I said, CHECK OUT YOUR SURGEON!!! I am planning on writing a letter to the Preseident of Danbury Hospital and letting him know (again) my feelings on this matter. It is to the point where I feel that someone needs to take a real good look at what is happening. I know of 2 patients who had staph infections after GBS at Danbury Hospital and I don't feel there is any reason for this other then poor medical care. I told my friend if she is hell bent on having her surgery at Danbury, she MUST make sure that everyone washes their hands BEFORE they touch her. SHe hsould make sure anything that touches her should be taken out of sterile packages in front of her and she should wahs her hands bunches while in the hospital. Lastly, I would say that I am so glad that I trusted my instincts and everyone should trust theirs as well! You are your own bets advocate in matter sof your health. Don't make exuses for expecing EXCELLENCE in your health care - EVER!
Most Active
Recent Topics