is it just me?????????

beth C.
on 6/9/03 1:51 pm - clinton, ct
is it me or does anyone have this problem? i was a wateraholic i drank gallons a day now 8ozs and i'm ready to throw up.especially when i go on a twisty bumpy ride in the car ,bend over or walk too fast. this is after several hurs after eating andi usually only have to have a couple of sips and i'm like this for hours. is somthing stuck in there blocking the water or what? beth
Liza B.
on 6/10/03 1:02 am - Ansonia, ct
Hi Beth, If you are only having trouble with the water and not food, then I wouldn't think you have a block (although, I'm not doctor..."I just play one on TV...LOL). Seriously though, sometimes it takes people a while to adjust. If you are drinking straigh****er, try flavoring it. My favorite is sugarfree koolaid. I buy it in the packets and sweeten it myself with Equal or Splenda. I love it because I can make it as sweet or not sweet as I like and it's really a lot cheaper than Crystal lite. But of course that's always another way for you to get your water in. Also, try sugar free ice pops. That's a good way of getting SOME water in, as well. Hope some of this has been somewhat helpful. MUAH!
Mnorris
on 6/11/03 3:22 pm - Coventry, CT
Hi, (surgery date 5/13/03) I have the same problem, I have talked to surgeon and he states it is that I "gulp" too much instead of sip. It does help to have crystal light or sugar free koolaid, but maybe I sip those more slowly than water. Do you have problems with food too? I have the same experience with some newer foods. Mary
Jo-Ann W.
on 6/26/03 10:54 am - Middlefield, CT
RNY on 05/02/03 with
Beth, You are only a few weeks post op. I had my surgery on 5/2/03 and no matter what I put in my mouth, I got nauseaus. I am 8 weeks post op right now and the nausea didn't go away until about a week ago. Don't gulp your liquids try really hard to just sip. My doc told me I was gulping to much air. He suggested using spoon which seemed to help. I also bough a snow cone maker, shaved the ice and poured crystal light on top. I then ate that with a spoon. The coolness and letting the ice melt slowly helped with the gulping. I also learned that the 2 2 liter bottles of soda person a day has really no desire for cold drinks as much except for the icies. I'd rather drink hot decaf tea. You have to experiment with different temps. My doc said most people like them at room temp. I like them either very cold or hot. Food was a problem for me. I can't even stand the smell of the protein shakes anymore and I am having a hard time gettng the protein in. It will get better. Just takes time. Good luck. Jo-Ann
Most Active
Recent Topics