Tomorrow is my surgery (friday the 13th)

Cheryl K.
on 6/12/03 2:15 am - Ansonia, CT
Hi everyone i am getting nervous about tomorrows surgery.. it came a whole lot quicker than i ever imagined. i am starting to question my decision over and over again. stupid things like can i deal with throwing up if i over eat the rest of my life or never ever having birthday cake again.. i know these are pretty petty things but EVERYTHING is going thru my mind from that to getting a bowel obstruction later on. can you tell i am going to make myself crazy before today is over. thank you for all your support
Maryann C.
on 6/12/03 2:24 am
Cheryl: First of all I wish you the best of luck. I am in the process of getting the surgery so I don't have any words of wisdom to share but your thoughts are totally normal. I have them all the time. I have had the exact thought about birthday cake (I think b/c it is such a communal food) and I worry about the more serious things that I fear can arise too. You are definitely not alone. The only small bit of advice is to try and turn it off by thinking of all of the reasons you wanted to do this in the first place and try to really concentrate about that. As soon as the negative thoughts come in I visit the website and read about how the WLS has gave someone a new lease on life and I feel better. Again, my thoughts are with you for a flawless surgery and recovery. Just think, tomorrow starts a new chapter in your life with many possibilities that will NOT be limited by weight. Maryann
sheri G.
on 6/12/03 4:13 am - bristol, ct
best of luck tomorrow....be in my pray tonite....and see ya on the losing side..i going june 24...so i 'm right behind u...
PookieW2
on 6/12/03 7:13 am - Milford, CT
Good Luck Cheryl!! Wishing you an uneventful slide to the losing side. I am sure things will work out and all those scarey thoughts will be something to giggle at down the road............God bless
Heather S.
on 6/12/03 7:33 am - Branford, CT
Cheryl, I am only three weeks out myself but had all the same concerns you do. I don't know how I will feel a year from now (hopefully a lot healthier) but wanted to tell you about my first Birthday cake experience. I went to a party last week and nobody knew I had the surgery. Luckily they had fish so I ate some of that. I also took a lot of other foods on my plate and had my 1 year old sit on my lap and just pretended we were sharing. She ate the other stuff. Nobody even noticed. Then came the cake... I thought this would bother me but instead I felt so impowered that I didn't really crave it and I could say NO for the first time. I did get a few funny looks (hehe) but it felt so good to be one of those people that just said "no, thanks" Although usually the people that don't want the cake are the skinny ones. Best of luck with your surgery. I will be thinking about you.
Mary Lou C.
on 6/12/03 8:10 am - Milford, CT
Hi Cheryl, Just wanted to send my best wishes for a successful surgery. What I do when I get scary thoughts is to remember that my risks for not having the surgery are much greater that the few risks that can happen. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you will be fine, Mary Lou
frostin_queen
on 6/12/03 3:23 pm - stafford springs, ct
Bext wishes on your surgery tomorrow! Only happy thoughts!Just keep thinking of all the things that will change for the better!Take Care!Shannon
Janet S.
on 6/14/03 3:01 am - Stafford Springs, Ct
Hi Cheryl, This is after the fact as I just found this new area we can access now. Congratulations, now you have started your new life and I thank God for everyone who has this done. He is helping us feel normal and loving life. I certainly don't feel depressed about my self anymore and you will find that in time you will feel wonderful also. The first few weeks are tough but always remember it does get easier as the days go by. I'm one year and one month out and have lost 102lbs and I would do this again in a heart beat. I have found liquid calcium citrate at the vitamin shop near Buckland mall in the Target parking lot. It is so much easier to take then the pills. Just a hint for one less pill to take. Hope to see you at the Meetings in St. Francis. Look for me I'm Janet. You can e-mail me anytime [email protected].
Most Active
Recent Topics