Looking to talk to patients of Dr. Aranow & those who have had WLS in general

Maryann C.
on 6/12/03 2:17 am
Hello. I am new to the board and wanted to try to connect with patients of Dr. Aranow. I have chosen him as my surgeon and am in the process of having all of my exams and evaluations done. Dr. Aranow said that he would expect surgery to be in the end of August or beginning of September. Since I live in Trumbull and he is in Middletown he is requiring that I go to only 1 support group meeting. I have just moved and have two small children so it is hard but I do plan on doing that soon. However, I thought that this board might be a way to connect with some of his patients and WLS patients in general. If any of you would like to share your experiences with me I would love to hear from you. This journey is a little bit lonely b/c I have chosen to tell very few people about it and I don't bring it up much with the people who do know. I have researched this for about a year before deciding to do it and I am beginning to have cold feet now that I am actually in the process. It is such a permanent change and it is scary to me to change the landscape of my internal organs. I keep thinking that this is the way God/nature made me...who am I to go and alter it? Will I somehow harm myself down the road b/c I had this surgery? Does anyone have any information on the risks of cancer or disease associated with WLS? Is my bout with cold feet normal? Again, I would love to hear from any of you with words of wisdom and if there are patients of Dr. Aranow who can share information about the Doc or the hospital and what I can expect I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
Angela C.
on 6/12/03 6:14 am - New Haven, CT
It is very natural to be scared. I was at first too. I had Lap rny on DEc 16,2002 in GA but have relocated to CT. I attend the support meetings at Saint rapheal's in New Haven. I think it is very important because not only do you learn alot but you also make friends who are supportive of you and know what you are going through. So please make an attempt to attend every meeting you can. Alot of your questions will be answered..I promise. Angela
LMCLILLY
on 6/13/03 3:27 am - Central, CT
Hi there. I'm a patient of Dr. A's. I'm post op, had surgery on 11/18/02. So far, I've lost 116 lbs. I haven't had any major complications. Just little expected things like hair loss. Dr. A is a wonderful surgeon. You'll be glad that you chose him. I personally know quite a few patients of his as well. I've met them here- online, and at support group. I'd be happy to talk to you about whatever you might like to know. Just send me a personal email. You can also read my profile for a little info on me. Best of luck to you. Perhaps we will meet at a support meeting someday soon...
Most Active
Recent Topics