Looking for help

Aaron C.
on 6/17/03 8:53 pm - Pittsfield, MA
I am a very overweight man (425 at last count, about 2 years ago), and I am looking to get surgery to help with my weight loss. My problem is that, like millions around the country, I have no current health care. My work place offered health care, but it was $300 to start it, and around $200 monthly to upkeep. With the bills for my apartment, I could not afford that on my salary. My mother, god bless her, has offered to take me in for what ever recovery time I need. I now need to find a way to get the surgery. Does anyone know of any studies taking place that it would be possible to get into? I would be greatly interested to know. Thank you. Aaron
Liza B.
on 6/17/03 11:41 pm - Ansonia, ct
Hi Aaron and welcome to the gang!! I don't know of studies, but what you need to do is let your fingers do the walking and start calling area hospitals. There are many that are just starting to do the surgery and you may hit pay dirt. Also, this wouldn't have been an option for me, or a lot of people, but there are companies that have medical financing just for surgeries. If you give me a little time I can try to find them for you. I use to have some links, but I have to dig for them. Some surgeons also have financing companies they work with, so when you call the surgeons office, ask them if they have financing options. Finally, I don't recommend this neccessarily, but you always have the option of going abroad. They are usually cheaper, even with the travel and hotel accomodations. Have you checked about getting on State Medical Aid? I know at this particular time, that's pretty difficult, but it's definately worth a shot. Email me if you have any other questions. [email protected]. Muah!
Most Active
Recent Topics